Rock Island, IL
Wholesale Operations – Supply Chain
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
As the Warehouse Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of GTI’s distribution including warehousing and inventory operations. Legalization in Illinois is coming and the demand for cannabis means that this role will require responsible execution of our inventory including receiving, handling, storing, picking/packing activities, and maintenance operation related to the role. As a growing business in a growing industry, we are looking for individuals who have integrity, a high-level attention to detail with the ability to stay focused through change.
- Manage all handling of GTI Rock Island finished goods. Facilitate end-to-end process to minimize traceability gaps.
- Oversee day to day operations of the warehouse including inventory controls, picking/packing, all dry storage.
- Monitor and communicate inventory accuracy between wholesale department and future warehouse management system.
- Drive productivity targets and efficiencies
- Responsible for setting up the layout of space to ensure efficient space utilization
- Perform inventory preparation, create KPIs, and manage physical inventory process (Weekly and Monthly, Quarterly, Annually).
- Ensure proper inventory levels by evaluating sales data and communicating with GTI Supply Chain team on a regular basis
- Maintain and exceed compliance requirements using state tracking system
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree required and 4+ years experience in management capacity
- Management experience in high volume distribution or start up facility strongly preferred
- Experience leading a warehouse team including hiring, training and motivating
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI
- Must have a solid understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state regulatory agency to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.