Regional Retail Director - Northeast Region
Retail – RISE Dispensary - Field Retail Leadership
Full-time / Exempt
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Regional Retail Director will work closely with the VP, Retail Operations to provide strategic oversight of GTI’s retail store operations over our Northeast region (New York, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, & Maryland). You will implement policies and procedures that increase operational effectiveness and maximize long-term store performance and will be an expert in analyzing business performance metrics and translating it into actionable business results. The Regional Director will be one of the key drivers for cross-functional alignment of the retail function across multiple stores and provide the retail team with the leadership to enable development of their professional competencies. This person will strive to consistently meet (and exceed) financial and operational expectations with a goal to ultimately drive sales and customer/patient engagement.
- Partner with the VP, Retail Operations and the GTI executive team to build and execute the retail strategy with specific focus on driving brand awareness of GTI’s portfolio brand
- Strategically oversee a growing portfolio of cannabis dispensaries ensuring consistent retail experience and customer/patient engagement across key functions: Merchandising, Marketing, Training, Compliance, People Operations, Finance, Real Estate & Construction
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission - specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning
- Provide guidance to store leaders by frequenting locations to train on metrics, business processes and focus on continuous improvement strategies to GTI/RISE business objectives
- Partner with retail leadership and home office shared services (people ops, compliance, marketing, etc) to ensure stores have clear direction and training in these areas
- Lead performance management and talent development initiatives in alignment with GTI/RISE
- Build upon, and continue to deliver, a workplace culture of excellence, service, and passion about our mission and customers.
- Drive sales, profitability and gross margin Oversee the region’s P&L working closely with data & analytics on the sales trends and make recommendations to refine sales strategy to maximize profitability
- Set sales targets and implement action plans for achieving set goals in each market and overall
- Forecast sales figures and inventory requirements for each location
- Bachelors degree required
- 8+ years of multi-store retail management
- Must have maintained P&L responsibility for significant retail operations
- Expertise managing high-growth, multi-site retail locations
- Prior experience scaling a retail organization, including management of systems and processes
- Financial, mathematical, statistical and consumer research experience required to read, interpret and understand how internal and external factors influence financial results
- Proven experience utilizing data to effectively drive business decisions
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- Able to work a flexible schedule depending on the needs of the business; will require work on weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Travel: 75%
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
We can't wait to meet you!