Rock Island, IL
Wholesale Operations – Cultivation & Harvest
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the Role:
Do you love working with your hands? GTI is looking for a Harvest Technician to join our cultivation team. The Harvest Technician provides manual labor which supports the post-cultivation activities and operations of our cultivation department. This position will be responsible for preparing and processing harvests for flower sales and oil extraction. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, positive individual who can think of no better way to spend the work day than potting, big leafing, and harvesting our cannabis plants with expert care and precision.
- Participating in cannabis harvest process including offload, harvesting, sanitizing and reloading flower rooms, milling and destruction of cannabis waste
- Harvesting and drying wet cannabis plants
- Accurately weigh and record post-harvest materials and manage cultivation waste
- Cleans and sanitizes dry rooms
- Document any and all activity in Illinois traceability program
- Maintain open communication with management team and co-workers
- Maintain a neat and organized work area allowing for the proper segregation of materials and processes
- Follow all SOPs, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties
- Previous experience in a hands-on environment with high attention to detail preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Basic math and computer skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on one task for extended periods of time
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently throughout a workday with given directives
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.