Part-Time Delivery Driver
Wholesale Operations – Transportation
Part-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We are seeking a part-time Delivery Driver who will be responsible for delivering medical cannabis products to GTI's customers within the state of Maryland. Shifts will typically be 3 days one week, 4 days the following week; Tuesday - Friday unless special circumstances arise.
- Loading the delivery van at the beginning of the day for deliveries that will happen throughout the day.
- Ability to interpret and execute state laws and regulations required when delivering medical cannabis.
- Working knowledge of vehicle maintenance and ability to complete routine maintenance tasks (changing tires, checking and adding fluids, etc.).
- Ability to manage the documents associated with medical cannabis delivery, ensuring that proper documents are kept and manifests are returned completed and ready for filing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain positive professional relationships with dispensary staff.
- Ability to communicate effectively when issues arise while making deliveries.
- Delivery staff must have a basic understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state and the MMCC; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately, keeping in mind management expectations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all employees.
- Ability to work up to a 12-hour day when needed.
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain the expectations of both GTI and the dispensaries.
- Maryland driver’s license or State ID card.
- Clean driving record for the past 5 years.
- Must be a minimum of 30 years of age.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must be approved by the MMCC to receive an Agent badge.
- High School Education or GED graduate.
- Must be able to sit and drive for extended periods of time while maintaining focus.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so with extreme care and caution when working with product. Must be able to sit/drive for extended periods.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.