Harvest & Trim Team Member
West Haven, CT
Wholesale Operations – Cultivation & Harvest
Part-Time or Full-Time/ Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the Role:
Do you love working with your hands? We are looking for Harvest and Trim Team Members to join our cultivation team. The Harvest and Trim Team Member provides manual labor which supports the post-cultivation activities and operations of our cultivation department. This position will be responsible for preparing and processing harvests for flower sales and oil extraction. Our ideal candidate is a self-motivated, positive individual who can think of no better way to spend the work day than potting, big leafing, and harvesting our cannabis plants with expert care and precision.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization.
- Efficiently trim and de-fan plants and dry flower.
- Responsible for accurately weighing and recording all wet and dry trim weights.
- Responsible for maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the facility while performing trim tasks.
- Must perform assigned tasks and also will be assigned other job duties as necessary in other departments.
- Communicate known issues or concerns to management team to ensure a smooth flow of operations within the company.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to different environmental conditions inside the building as well as different fertilizers.
- Comfortable working in a pollen producing environment.
- To be able to accurately and consistently follow all department standard operating procedures.
- Clean and sanitize all flower/drying/curing rooms daily.
- Work in other departments as necessary.
- Previous experience in a hands-on environment with high attention to detail preferred
- Basic math and computer skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Attention to detail and ability to focus on one task for extended periods of time
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently throughout a workday with given directives
- Ability to handle and respect confidential and sensitive information.
- Understanding that this is a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility and a sterile and highly clean environment is paramount.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Must be approved by to receive an Agent badge
- Must be able to easily lift and carry upwards of 20 pounds.
- Every team member in this department has long period where they will be sitting and trimming flower – which at times can be an all-day task.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.