Packaging & Processing Specialist
Rock Island, IL
Wholesale Operations – Packaging & Order Fulfillment
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the Role:
The Packaging & Processing Specialist is responsible for manicuring and packaging plant material and infused products.Maintaining accuracy in weighing product, fulfilling product, labeling, and inventory is paramount in this position. The Packaging & Processing Specialist is also responsible for maintaining a perpetually clean work space to provide a sterile environment for production of medical products. This person will also have some responsibility for tracking product electronically on the company MRP system to ensure compliance with state laws and program regulations. The ideal candidate has a relentlessly positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and great attention to detail.
- Breakdown cured batches and extracted oil from the lab into multiple different weight increments (3.5 g, 7 g, ½ g and 1 g etc.) and package them accordingly
- Keep a precise count of all packaged product and weight(s) of product used for an accurate end of day reconciliation of packaged inventory and remaining inventory
- Package infused and plant material into proper containers with proper labeling to ensure compliance with state regulations
- Electronically convert packaged products in the state traceability system
- Exhibit competency in basic organizational skills, communication skills and windows based operating software
- Manage time efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality product
- Sanitation & cleanup of all processing areas throughout the day
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Education or GED required
- 1+ years working in production environment required
- Experience processing medical cannabis or other botanicals highly desirable
- Must work well in a group and independently; demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by GTI and the state while processing patient medicine
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to perform a monotonous task with great efficiency over 8 hour work periods without losing quality
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals
- Must have a valid State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal and company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.