Director/Manager, Talent Acquisition (Production)
Chicago, IL (HQ)
Corporate – People & Culture
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We are seeing explosive growth around the country in our manufacturing facilities and headquarters here in Chicago. The Director/Manager, Talent Acquisition is responsible for being a strategic partner to our growing wholesale business unit and is solely dedicated to finding the right people for our unique positions all the while upholding our GTI brand and culture to our candidates, networks and prospective employees. You will be responsible for building the wholesale recruitment engine, leading talent strategy development, tackling prioritization, allocating requisitions and resources effectively across our national footprint. This role partners with our HR Business Partners and our field HR Managers in each of our growing manufacturing facilities nationwide. Our ideal candidate is someone who simply loves recruitment. They are passionate about understanding and navigating a new industry, the critical roles (whether it be a General Managers or an hourly Grow Technicians) and delivering on always finding the right person for our growing GTI Wholesale team. If you can pound the pavement to gauge candidates’ interest and can operate efficiently and effectively even with high-volume requisition counts and thrives in a start-up, gritty environment and aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves and dive in then you may be the right fit for us. Negative attitudes are not tolerated here at GTI. You MUST be insanely positive and high energy.
- Build Top Talent Pipeline: Proactively manage a pipeline of resumes in multiple markets to effectively identify talent for currently open or future positions.
- Champion Culture & Diversity: We are building a new industry where glass ceilings and ivory towers are a thing of the past. From the steps in the hiring process, content of the job descriptions, training for hiring managers and forming of interview panels, you will raise the bar in our selection of diverse and qualified candidates into the organization.
- Full-Cycle Recruitment: Screen, interview, and assess candidates and work with hiring managers to facilitate a smooth recruitment process. Additionally, you will play an instrumental role in the creation and consistent delivery of the offer and onboarding process.
- Team Management: Small, but mighty, you will ensure our field HR Managers are equipped with the right recruitment tools to stay motivated and highly engaged.
- Relationship Management: You will be responsible for building and maintaining relationships with hiring managers and of course, the candidates
- Employer Branding & Networking: You are the face and voice of GTI for our candidates. You consistently aim to deliver a high-touch personalized candidate experience throughout the recruitment process and partner with our team to strengthen our brand and presence in the industry and each market. You will also be tasked to host various on-site job fairs and local networking meet-ups and can represent GTI consistently with an incredibly high-level of professionalism.
- Processes & Systems: You will play a critical role in setting the standards and protocols for GTI’s wholesale recruitment process. Additionally, you will propose and implement ongoing improvements to all recruitment efforts, including but not limited to, systems, processes, reporting and metrics, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 7+ years of experience in a strategic recruiting role with an emphasis on recruiting, sourcing, and talent acquisition administration; 2+ years of people management in a recruiting function required
- Experience in working with a large hourly workforce in the manufacturing industry required; CPG industry preferred
- Experience working in a high growth/scaling organization with rapid hiring needs strongly preferred
- Proven track record in managing high volume of inbound applicants, as well as, proven success in proactive sourcing and pipelining
- Experience with applicant tracking systems, Greenhouse preferred
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrated ability to influence and confidently interface with all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated, self-directed and passionate about our people and our company but the ability to remain objective, emotionless, and rationale
- Effective organization and planning skills as well as solid analytical, quantitative and problem-solving skills
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to integrate HR and business strategies: understanding of business/financial metrics and experience with managing the challenges associated with selected business partnerships, mergers/acquisitions, and organizational restructuring
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities and coaching skills
- Impeccable attention to detail; in fact, include “I marijuana be your next Manager” in your cover letter
- Must pass any and all required background checks
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.