Wholesale Operations – Operations & Administration
Full-time / Exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
We are looking for an experienced Production Manager to manage a team of up to 20+ employees, who are responsible for product processing, packaging, labeling, and inventory management. This job requires the coordination of the day-to-day activities of this team of production workers to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules. This position requires the monitoring of volume and quality of output and adjustment of tasks when necessary to ensure production throughput targets are met. This person must monitor employee performance daily to ensure that overall product quality and company safety standards are consistently executed.
- Lead team to maximize productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Encourages sharing of best practices within the team; breaks down barriers to teamwork; resolves conflict effectively.
- Sustain a consistent, long-term vision through continuous process improvement.
- Keep a clean and safe working environment to maximize safety and efficiency
- Create daily and weekly production schedules that meet overall production needs based on customer sales demand and designated inventory stocking levels. Plan your shift: Know the priorities, qty to be completed, what is next for that operation.
- Maximizing product throughout, efficiency and quality. Understand individual production rates for specific operations. Measure and track results; coach employee performance to achieve desired results.
- Ensure compliance to legal regulations and company policies
- Create weekly production schedule (to share at weekly production meeting)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent experience and education in operations management and production.
- 3-5 years’ experience supervising employees in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams to deliver improvement in plant KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Good understanding of budgeting and reporting
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving abilities
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.