Pre-Roll Production Specialist
West Haven, CT
Wholesale Operations – Packaging & Order Fulfillment
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
About the Role:
The Pre-Roll Production Specialist is responsible for taking in inventory of cured flower and using a pre-roll manufacturing device to weigh out the correct amount of flower to create pre-rolls, adjusting weight, finishing, packaging, sealing, labeling and tracking the finished product precisely and effectively. All dried flower inventory attained from the curing department must be accurately accounted for - accuracy in weighing product, fulfilling product, labeling, and inventory is paramount. The Pre-Roll Production Specialist is also responsible for maintaining a perpetually clean work space to provide a sterile environment for production of medical products. Our ideal candidate has a relentlessly positive attitude, a strong work ethic, and great attention to detail.
- Prioritize manufacturing of strains based on inventory availability and the sales manager’s direction
- Package product without degrading the quality, weighing it on a certified scale to an exact weight and placing the product in the dram or bag
- Keep a precise count of all packaged product and weight(s) of product used for an accurate end of day reconciliation of packaged inventory and remaining inventory
- Print correct labels for packaged product - properly and effectively adhere them to the dram or bag along with a tamper label and mini-label when necessary
- Develop a skill in analyzing potential problems with strains and product being packaged - ability to identify problems that may have been over looked and bringing these issues to a managers’ attention
- Share responsibility of clean-up of all processing areas and equipment at the end of every day
- Team members may be trained to have a basic knowledge of the “BioTrack” inventory system as it pertains to the department
- High School Education or GED required; some college or college graduate preferred
- 1-2 years experience in production environment required
- 1-2 years experience processing medical marijuana or other botanicals preferred
- Must be able to work well in a group and independently; demonstrate self-motivation and initiative
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure and technique
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by GTI and the state of Illinois while processing patient medicine
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively with various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and co-workers
- Ability to perform a monotonous task with great efficiency over 8 hour work periods without losing quality
- Employee must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals
- Must have a valid State ID card
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal and company regulations for working in the cannabis industry
- Must be approved by the D.O.A. to receive an Agent badge
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, climbing, reaching, squatting, kneeling, crawling, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to work on feet. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (100 pounds with assistance) AND must be able to do so safely with extreme care and caution.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.