Bakery Team Member
West Haven, CT
Wholesale Operations – Lab & Processing
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The Bakery Team Member will be focused on assisting in insuring the integrity and accuracy of edibles/bakery products and their record keeping. They will also ensure all pastry quality development steps are followed in manufacturing, continuous improvement projects are rigorously monitored, and finished goods exceed customers' expectations consistently. Projects include baking products that are suitable for adult consumption, weighing out, packaging, baking, cleaning and doing dishes. This candidate requires some bakery/pastry background with manufacturing experience a plus.
- Bakery team members must follow the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- To be able to accurately and consistently follow all department standard operating procedures and to accurately and consistently follow recipes.
- Bakery team members must exhibit consistent processing technique, tracking and meeting of production goals.
- Team member must be honest and have integrity about the work they perform.
- Team member must exhibit excellent personal hygiene and arrive for work on time.
- ROUTINELY CLEANING THE BAKERY THROUGHOUT THE DAY AS THIS IS A FOOD PREPARATION ENVIRONMENT.
- Keep the bakery organized by placing things in their proper place and in the most space efficient ways possible.
- Team members must be able to stand for periods of time and participate in some heavy lifting.
- Producing products based on the manager’s daily work board noting quantities needed to be produced, rolled, baked or weighed out.
- Team member must be able to participate in packaging days which includes being trained in using the heat sealer, packaging and labeling products in drams and child safe bags.
- Team member must package product without degrading the quality.
- Potentially assist in developing new products.
- Assist in making improvements to procedures that results in greater efficiency and/or improved products.
- Team member may be trained to have a basic knowledge of the “BioTrack” inventory system as it pertains to the department. This includes, printing labels and checking inventory.
- Team member must be able to competently enter strain, batch, package ID, weight increments and quantity information into inventory data base and/or logs once trained.
- Bakery team members are responsible for clean-up of all processing areas and equipment at the end of every day.
- Organize and help keep current all raw ingredients and their inventory.
- Organize and help keep current all cleaning fluids and their inventory.
- Ability to be flexible and work in various sectors of the department as needed an/or requested by their direct supervisor; this may include but is not limited to, helping grow staff with small tasks, cleaning and/or moving supplies and equipment and/or helping the trim, laboratory or production department as needed.
- Must work well with others and adapt quickly to changes in policy, procedure, and technique.
- Team member must have basic organizational capabilities and is able to use an electronic scale accurately and efficiently.
- Labeling all containers accurately and swiftly that house product in development or finished product.
- Show self-motivation/innovation and the ability to work well with all team members.
- Help create a proactive and positive environment; a positive attitude and self-motivation to help produce high quality pre-packed medicine for patients, while meeting and/or exceeding personal and/or company goals.
- Team member must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Be able to work with, help, guide, challenge and motivate other bakery team members in order to create a cohesive group.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively.
- Time management; team member must manage their time during work efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality product.
- A state driver’s license or state or federal issued ID card.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Must pass the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection’s fingerprint and background check.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must advise the company immediately of any arrest of a serious nature.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 20 pounds, clean work area routinely, stand and/or sit for long periods, and as needed to perform packaging and heat-sealing.
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.