Quality & Compliance Specialist
Carson City, NV
Wholesale Operations – Quality Excellence
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,400 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
GTI is seeking a Quality and Compliance Specialist to join our cultivation facility. As a Quality and Compliance Specialist, you will be responsible for executing operational quality and compliance related activities at the facility associated with sampling and inspection of incoming material, in process, and finished products, documentation control, quality event investigation, compliance, and audit. This position will also help ensure products are being produced in a manner that meets all specifications and brand consistency. You will also assist in identifying potential quality risks and working with operations personnel to develop improvement opportunities. Uses experience and knowledge to influence processes, standards, and plans to improve compliance with internal and external standards.
- Establish and perform incoming, in-process, and finished product sampling and inspection.
- Reviews in-process batch documentation, logbooks, test results, and good documentation practices.
- Assist site documentation control system. Ensure harmonization of 1GTI quality system.
- Writes Quality Inspection SOPs and forms, including routing and/or approval of change request packages, as requested.
- Facilitate State regulatory and/or 3rd party site inspections.
- Monitor site’s compliance to GTI corporate Quality System.
- Assist in performing weekly internal audit to monitor site’s compliance activities to State regulations
- Segregation, control and disposition of non-conforming product.
- Identify, recommend and perform quality training as needed.
- Ensure maintenance and control of production quality records.
- Assist production personnel in the investigation of root causes and corrective action of internal rejects, corrective/preventive action, out of control SPC points, and customer complaints.
- Continually study the existing quality system and make recommendations for improvements.
- Perform improvement projects as identified.
- Collect quality data and report metrics to management.
- Monitors compliance to established Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) guidance.
- Associates Degree required
- Prior experience in regulated industry in healthcare, medical devices, pharmaceutical, consumer packaged goods (food), or cannabis is highly desired.
- Highly desirable: FDA, GMP, SQF, and/or HACCP experience.
- Strong experience with product sampling and inspection.
- Ability to follow written procedures and monitor others for adherence to written procedures.
- Ability to create or update written procedures with site operations personnel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of GTI.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Open-minded self-starter with the ability to adapt and problem solve, as well manage multiple tasks concurrently.
- Understanding of the Medical Marijuana laws, rules and regulations is preferred and the passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- A self-starter who brings the utmost level of integrity to the company.
- A passion for quality assurance and quality control.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved to receive an Agent badge
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.