Wholesale Operations – Lab & Processing
Full-time / Non-exempt
About Green Thumb Industries:
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis consumer packaged goods company and retailer, is dedicated to providing dignified access to cannabis while giving back to the communities in which they serve. GTI manufactures and distributes a portfolio of branded cannabis products including Rythm, Dogwalkers, The Feel Collection, incredibles and Beboe, among others. The company also owns and operates rapidly growing national retail cannabis stores called Rise™ and Essence. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has 13 manufacturing facilities, licenses for 95 retail locations and operations across 12 U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs approximately 1,200 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
Assist the Lab team with the activities and operations required to complete the functions of the department. Study and comprehend all policies, procedures and operational guidelines set by the management team. This position is responsible for assisting with lab and MIP production, which includes but is not limited to inventory management, production of cannabis products, compliance requirements, and lab safety.
- Help MIP Department meet the production demand quantity and quality for the retail locations in accordance with GTI
- Complete any work assigned during scheduled shift, including but not limited to:
- Inventory tracking of all processing material
- Maintaining, cleaning and servicing laboratory equipment as required by procedures and manufacturer specifications
- Maintaining open communication with management team and co-workers
- Provide necessary support to the management team to ensure MIP operations, as assigned, trained and/or requested
- Document and continually develop changing internal processes for MIP department
- Ensure all standards for processing procedures and laboratory protocols are followed
- Compliance with local and state regulations
- Adherence to quality control methods throughout entire process
- Documentation of laboratory standards
- Document experiments and manufacturing methods for future reference
- Oversee and manage inventory tracking systems
- Conduct studies, identify problems, recommend alternatives and implement solutions selected by the management team
- Continually review current system for operational efficiency and update processes as necessary
- Respond to emergencies at any time. This may include covering vacant shifts
- Review training procedures and seek continued education to ensure delivery on all job functions
- Follow safety programs and protocols and provide updates as necessary
- Facilitate inspections by governing agencies
- Other functions as assigned
- Knowledge and adherence of the policies, procedures and goals of the cultivation facility
- Skill in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations in support of Company philosophies and goals
- Ability to use standard lab equipment: vacuum oven, hotplate, extractor, etc.
- Knowledge of HPLC, Roto Vap, Robo Filler preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to run a closed loop extractor
- Ability to work effectively with employees, management, customers, governmental agencies, community members and the general public
- Compliance with typical laboratory standards
- Familiarity with OSHA guidelines for dealing with hazardous chemicals
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, compliance updates and techniques for operational improvement
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively orally and in writing with various audiences
- Understanding of applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations as they pertain to the industry, safety regulations, local municipal codes and organizational rules, regulations, directives and standard operating procedures.
- Ability to use standard office equipment, computer equipment and software including word processing, database management, spreadsheet applications and email
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass all required background checks.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry.
- Must obtain and retain a state-issued Medical Cannabis ID badge.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two or four year degree in chemistry, biology, or related field preferred
- Previous laboratory or manufacturing experience related to the job requirements are preferred
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered, including internal experience.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: May be required to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Must be able to lift, carry and balance up to 50 pounds (200 pounds with assistance).
At GTI we believe that our corporate community should be a reflection of the communities we serve. We are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity across race, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, religion, experience, and thought—not only because it is right, but because it makes us better. Our mission—the right to wellness—informs our commitment to champion economic opportunities in communities disproportionately affected by the war on drugs through employment and community involvement. GTI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We can't wait to meet you.