General Manager, Centreville Facility
Wholesale Operations – Facilities & Administration
Full-time / Exempt
Green Thumb Industries (GTI), a national cannabis cultivator, processor and dispensary operator, is dedicated to providing dignified access to safe and effective cannabis nationwide while giving back to the communities in which it serves. As a vertically integrated company, GTI manufactures and sells a well-rounded suite of branded cannabis products including flower, concentrates, edibles, and topicals. The company also owns and operates a rapidly growing national chain of retail cannabis stores called RISE™ dispensaries. Headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, GTI has eight manufacturing facilities and licenses for 60 retail locations across eight highly regulated U.S. markets. Established in 2014, GTI employs over 500 people and serves thousands of patients and customers each year. GTI was named a Best Workplace 2018 by Crain’s Chicago Business. More information is available at GTIgrows.com.
The General Manager (GM) oversees, manages, and is responsible for all facets of GTI’s cannabis cultivation & processing facility. This individual manages internal resources to maximize safety, compliance, efficiency, productivity and culture. (S)He will also own all aspects of employee personnel and talent management in partnership with the People Department as it relates to hiring, staffing, training, development and education of the entire team.
- Oversee all facets of GTI’s three main business units of the facility: cultivation, lab processing, packaging & fulfillment. Including: scheduling, staffing, productivity, efficiency, and inventory oversight and management.
- Analyze facility data, including efficiency metrics, labor variance analysis, defect rates, cost drivers, volume and capacity planning, etc. to make recommendations on optimal quality and efficiency improvements.
- Work directly with business teams to understand performance drivers and trends in their area, provide insights, make recommendations, and interpret new data & results.
- Develop Company’s bench of leaders to position business for rapid growth / scale.
- Develop and produce weekly/monthly reports based on data analysis gathered from facility operations to corporate management clearly illustrating the trends of the business.
- Utilize six sigma, 5S, and other efficiency concepts to position the facility for continuous improvement.
- Ensure staff reports follow Company SOPs at all points in time.
- Participate in developing and implementing rules, regulations, policies, and procedures to advance GTI’s mission, vision, goals and objectives.
- Manage, supervise and direct the activities of staff and function.
- Make recommendations and decisions regarding hiring, discipline, termination or advancement of employees.
- Manage and maintain a company culture consistent with the culture established at GTI corporate of accountability, transparency and enjoyment.
- Assign work and monitor progress; guide, train and develop employees in the accomplishment of their duties and goals through professional growth.
- Evaluate direct reports’ performance based on clearly communicated standards and expectations.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal billing or licensing requirements.
- Ensure accurate data entry into the State inventory tracking systems.
- Serve as the primary point of contact to the state regulators and inspectors and ensure that the facility is always prepared for state inspections, even those that are unplanned.
- Will be required to be on-call and to respond to emergency situations at any time. This may include scheduling issues, potentially covering a vacant shift, facility issues and/or human resources requirements.
- Abide by and enforce GTI’s Safety Program.
- Continuously improve the skills, knowledge and morale of all employees; create an environment where the entire team does the same.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business required; MBA or similar preferred.
- 7+ years of management experience; direct management of 30 individuals in a manufacturing setting.
- Exposure to horticulture and or plant science or lab processing is a plus.
- Can-do attitude and ability to adapt quickly; business is experiencing tremendous growth so previous operational experience in growth environment is substantially preferred.
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (verbal, non-verbal, written), with the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking.
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information.
- Minimum of 21 years of age.
- Must pass any and all required background checks to qualify for a State Agent Card.
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Knowledge and enforcement of the policies, procedures and goals of the cultivation facility.
- Skill in analyzing problems, identifying alternative solutions, projecting consequences of proposed actions, and implementing recommendations in support of GTI’s philosophies and goals.
- Skill in planning, organizing, assigning and coordinating the activities and resources.
- Ability to research, evaluate and adapt to new methods, compliance updates and techniques for operational improvement.
- Must have great depth and understanding of Inventory tracking systems and show comfort with computer software.
We can't wait to meet you!