Senior Manager, Life Sciences
Consulting – Professional Services /
Our client is a global Big 4 Advisory firm seeking an experienced Senior Manager to lead client engagement teams and manage business development activities in the Life Sciences sector. They focus on assisting their clients, including biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device manufacturers, and medical technology industries, find the right balance between protecting the business and driving measurable value.
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Manager with 9+ years of related Life Sciences experience.
As a member of the Life Sciences team, you will be an integral member of the life sciences advisory team and will spend most of your time focused on providing client services in the following areas: business performance management, analytics enablement, growth/strategy, process improvement, cost reduction, technology implementation and enterprise transformation.
- Support client engagement teams and work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services in the life sciences domain.
- Lead large scale client engagements and consistently deliver quality client services
- Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment
- Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization
- Generate new business opportunities
- Understand the firm across all service areas and actively assess/present ways to serve clients in additional capacities
- Develop relationships with team members across sector, across the US, and beyond in order to effectively deliver the full depth and breadth of the firm
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge.
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 9 years of related work experience; or a master's degree and approximately 8 years of related work experience
- 5+ years of consulting in Life Sciences work experience
- Proven experience in business analytics within Commercial Operations or Research and Development
- Demonstrated record of driving revenue within existing life sciences clients and in developing new prospects at the “C” level of large life sciences companies
- Ability to lead a team of consulting professionals on multiple projects
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment (knows when to lead and when to follow)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and excellent oral and written communication skills
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 50 - 80%, depending on where you live
- Medical background and experience in data analytics and business intelligence, supply chain and marketing effectiveness and commercial operations
- PhD in some medical related field or research (for R&D candidates) – with related life sciences consulting experience
- Preferred locations: New York, New Jersey, Boston, and Philadelphia
- A competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
- The opportunity to work in many roles to solve client’s toughest issues—integrating world-class problem solving, industry and functional expertise, and proprietary tools and capabilities to create change and lasting impact.
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
Plus, we offer: