Manager - Complex Program Management
Consulting – Professional Services /
Our client is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services and hires and develops the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world.
Our client is looking for people who can develop and implement creative solutions to challenging problems and work well with teams to do it. Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be innovative by nature, always creating new approaches, products, services, and technologies. Helping clients solve tough problems and implement solutions requires strong intellectual abilities and rigor as well as a practical sense of what works and what does not.
The Advisory Services Complex Program Management team is seeking Managers with 5+ years of related work experience leading the Program Management function.
- A successful Program Management Manager will work with clients to establish a PMO or enterprise PMO infrastructure and mobilize and manage programs by applying a proven PMO framework and methodology based on industry recognized global standards. You will team with engagement leadership to design, establish and operate day to day program and governance structures tracking performance, status and benefit realization across workstreams. You will support a knowledgeable team with experience in planning, controlling and executing complex programs and PMOs.
Skills and Attributes:
- Possess strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment.
- Counsel and mentor junior consultants within the organization
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate the ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- Consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality.
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities.
- Understand the firm and its service lines; actively assess/present ways to serve clients.
- Bachelor's and/or master’s degree required. Desire a degree emphasis in Computer Systems, Engineering, Economics and/or Business.
- One or more of the following: CPA, PMP, Six Sigma and/or Certified SAP Solution Manager
- Approximately 5+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience providing advisory services in leading the Program Management function in at least one of the following areas: PMO/EPMO design/set up and delivery, Program road-mapping design, PMO maturity assessment, End-to End ERP implementation, End-to End PPM implementation. (using Clarity, Primavera, MS Project, MS Server, Planview, Niku HP)
- Proven success in leading and developing a team of staff/senior consulting professionals
- PM Methodology expertise such as: Agile, Scrum, Waterfall
- Experience supporting and participating in pursuit efforts. Experience with the end-to-end RFP process (RFP, Response, Proposal, Client Presentation, SOW and Execution) and understanding of client procurement processes
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Prefer sector experience in areas such as Media and Entertainment, Life Sciences, Oil and Gas, and Consumer Products.
- Successful applicants much hold a valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport, and
- Be willing to travel to meet client needs and ability to travel internationally; travel is estimated at 80%
- Benefits include a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, the Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
- The opportunity to work in many roles to solve clients' toughest issues—integrating world-class problem solving, industry and functional expertise, and proprietary tools and capabilities to create change and lasting impact.
- An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload