Project Manager - Pharmaceutical R&D Development Scientist
Flexible Location /
Consulting – Consulting /
Our client is a project management consulting firm that advises on and executes companies’ most complex initiatives. They take their client’s vision or challenge and transform it into an actionable road map and provide an onsite leader to drive the initiative through completion. With careful planning and rigorous execution, they help clients meet their goals and sustain them– efficiently, cost-effectively, and often ahead of schedule. Headquartered in Chicago with offices in Boston, Newark, Los Angeles, Minneapolis, St. Louis and San Francisco, their team has led more than 4,000 projects for over 350 clients in the United States and across continents. The clientele ranges from Fortune 100 companies to startups.
They are seeking high-energy, results-oriented Pharmaceutical R&D Scientists with strong leadership skills and experience in drug product development and team leadership. They are seeking someone who has experience and knowledge of drug discovery, drug development and preclinical studies. Successful candidates will have experience in leadership, be accountable for overall project implementation, and will work with clients in the pharmaceutical industry.
As a Project Management Consultant, your primary goals and focus will be to:
- Integrate into client environment to effectively lead project teams while building positive professional relationships with clients and associates.
- Define project objectives, requirements, and assumptions necessary to structure a project or activity.
- Plan, schedule, and control project activities to fulfill objectives and satisfy project requirements.
- Develop and drive integrated project plans, aligning project tactics with project strategy.
- Establish, maintain, and lead high performance project teams, serving as the project advocate within the client organization. Lead, coordinate, facilitate, and motivate all associated project resources to gain alignment on project goals and deliverables.
- Lead risk management within project teams, ensuring risks have appropriate mitigation and contingency plans.
- Manage projects within established scope, schedule, and budget while meeting and exceeding the client's project management standards.
- Develop and document high-level strategies for accomplishing specific project objectives.
- Facilitate and lead effective project meetings, manage change and conflict, and develop resource planning estimates to manage project workload and productivity.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in a science or engineering discipline. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- 8-10+ years of pharmaceutical industry experience in drug discovery, drug development and preclinical studies.
- 1+ years of team leadership experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills to effectively communicate and build relationships with a broad spectrum of audiences at all organizational levels.
- Sound technical aptitude and proven ability to grasp general knowledge of multiple disciplines and technologies with superior computer usage skills.
- Strong competencies in planning and organization with the ability to lead multiple activities and resources while maintaining a focus on quality.
- Solid analytical and strategic capabilities and business acumen along with demonstrated work ethic, integrity, and professional conduct and appearance.
- Ability to produce and present clear, concise, and professionally written communications and presentations.
- Bench time in between projects dedicated to personal and professional development
- Formal new hire orientation to position you for success
- Paid vacation, holiday and sick time
- Annual performance bonus potential
- 100% employer-paid health, dental, and life insurance coverage for employees
- 401(k) matching
- Philanthropy driven culture
- Paid training and certification
- 100% promotion from within
- Quarterly social activities
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Assistance with relocation
- San Francisco and Boston
- In 2016, our client was recognized as one of Forbes magazine’s 25 Best Small Companies in America.
- They have been named a “Best Workplace” for eight consecutive years by the Great Place to Work Institute®.