Senior Manager, Consumer Products and Retail
Chicago, IL /
Consulting – Professional Services /
Our client, a global advisory firm, is seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager to manage client engagement teams and manage business development activities with a focus on the Consumer Products sector. This is a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential. It offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential.
The Performance Improvement team is focused on helping clients improve business performance and operational efficiency while managing risk. They help clients by delivering assessment, transformation and process efficiency solutions in specialty areas like finance, supply chain, IT Advisory, customer, people and organization change, strategic direction, and program management. The Advisory Customer practice specializes in customer-oriented strategy development and implementation as well as capability development and implementation. We strive to deliver sustainable and profitable growth for clients and tangible shareholder value. Our Customer practice contains specialty domains focused on Marketing Transformation; Product, Pricing & Go-to-Market Strategy, and Sales & Service Transformation.
- Effectively manage and motivate client engagement teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Provide constructive on-the-job feedback/coaching to team members. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior advisors within the organization.
- Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently deliver quality client services. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and confirm key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business.
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand the firm and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across various practices to serve client needs.
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate new knowledge. Possess good business and consulting acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge.
- Help scope, sell and manage projects that address client issues using structured, critical thinking and logic.
General Skills and Experience:
- 6+ years consulting experience preferred
- MBA from Top 10 business school preferred
- Core skills in consulting, project and program management, and business transformation
- Category strategy and implementation
- Product portfolio strategy and optimization including investment allocation optimization
- Business and/or product innovation
- Brand strategy experience
- Campaign development and optimization (digital and traditional media channels)
- Marketing return on investment and media mix optimization
- Agency management and agency rationalization
- Channel strategy development and implementation including recent experience in digital channels and traditional channels
- Shopper marketing program development
- Price optimization and price/pack architecture and associated analytics
- Promotion management and optimization and associated analytics
- Assortment optimization and associated analytics
- Developing and implementing strategies with clients
- Assisting clients in developing and implementing capabilities needed to deploy primary strategies
- Chicago, Altanta, New York, Boston, DC. Other Midwest and East Coast locations may be considered.