Holland, MI /
Corporate Roles – Various Industry Opportunities /
The portfolio of family-owned businesses founded in 1989 that provides a variety of process measurement technologies, cloud based analytics, software services & consumables, bring unparalleled vision along with top engineering minds and are disrupting and transforming the industries they serve.
With the recent completion of a new plant in Tennessee, they are on a high growth trajectory and expanding their team with a Controller. This position is a key leadership position which will report directly to the CFO and will serve as a senior business advisor. This role will be involved in and influential in all businesses and will serve as the ambassador for process, documentation, and financial reporting.
- Assist the CEO and CFO with important financial decisions, serving as a key business partner in order to facilitate commercial excellence and continuous improvement
- Be involved and influential to all business processes including but not limited to accounting, inventory, QMS, and ERP
- Develop and institute improved processes, documentation and reporting appropriate for each company.
- Keep up-to-date on market influences so as to understand opportunities to maximize profits and new expansion areas
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity throughout the organization
- Prepare financial documents such as business reports, financial forecasts and statements to understand the financial state of business
- Oversee accounting activities and cash, investment, and asset management.
- Work with leadership to establish, track and evolve key success metrics
- Execute all aspects of the payroll function
- Monitor financial reports and evaluate ways to reduce costs
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Supervise budget preparation and billings
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or related field
- Current CPA credential and/or MBA
- Minimum of five years of work experience in audit-related roles
- Experience in both the manufacturing and software & technology industries
- Highly motivated individual with desire to help drive vision and strategy
- Proven ability to manage and evaluate individuals with a wide-range in skills and experience
- Hands-on team player who can inspire and motivate team members
- Change agile and forward-thinking
- Detail-oriented with the ability to organize, document and prioritize multiple projects.
- Knowledge of Information Systems including database, enterprise and accounting application systems.
- Excellent facilitation, analytical and organizational skills
- Independent, self-starter.
- Strong communication (verbal and written), math, and problem-solving skills. Must be able to present well.
- Proficient computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Quickbooks.
- Office located in Holland, MI.
- Travel to Tennessee with at least one 3-day trip/month (likely more at the beginning)