Chicago, IL /
Consulting – Consulting /
A boutique, woman-owned firm is seeking a dynamic individual to join their team to assist with the expansion of our web software application development, website design, and project management practice.
Our client is an innovative IT consulting firm that provides unique solutions to web software application development, website design, and project management. They pride themselves on their hands-on approach and unmatched communication with clients.
They have a friendly, open and flexible environment in which candidates can grow their career and be exposed to exciting new projects. They are a young, exciting and fast-growing company in which talented and hardworking people can thrive and succeed in their personal and career goals.
- Develop, test, implement and support custom applications and websites: (1) develop applications utilizing .NET, C#, JQuery, CSS, Sass, MVC, Entity Framework & HTML, (2) develop websites utilizing the WordPress CMS platform, (3) Develop custom applications utilizing SiteCore Experience platform, (4) develop custom applications in the Force.com platform (including Sales Cloud and Service Cloud), utilizing VisualForce, APEX and Lightning Components, and (5) perform configuration and customization, including report and dashboard development
- Deliver high quality, well written code that is completed on time, quickly understood, efficiently supported, and easily maintained by others
- Design simple and intuitive user experiences and contribute ideas to make applications better and easier to use
- Integrate and configure data analytics solutions, such as Tableau and Power BI
- Collaborate closely with team members to review and assess business requirements, and to develop project plans and budgets
- Communicate updates, progress and risks to all internal stakeholders, assist with external communications as requested
- Attend status and client meetings when appropriate
- 2-3 or more years experience in application programming, with a primary focus on web development
- Experience with Visualforce, Apex, Triggers, Lightning, Eclipse IDE, Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL)
- Knowledge of web development best practices, responsive design, modern web development trends, and WCAG 2.0 accessibility guidelines
- Experience writing SQL queries and reports; SQL Server 2008, 2012, 2016 & MySQL proficiency is strongly preferred
- Solid understanding of agile and scrum development techniques
- Keen interest in influencing the design and deliverables of projects
- Ability to balance varying priorities and handle multiple projects, delivering both on time and with a high level of service orientation
- Possess a proactive, results-oriented attitude, with a superb work ethic, and the flexibility to work within an environment of constantly changing business processes, technologies, and environments
- Ability to think innovatively, and visualize big, “outside the box” solutions
- Demonstrate resourcefulness, independent thinking, superior problem-solving abilities, strong planning/organization skills and keen attention to detail
- Enjoy pursuing learning opportunities beyond the scope of assignments
- Ability to collaborate and work effectively with a remote team as needed
- Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain a general understanding of the underlying business
- Live in the Chicagoland area
Would be nice if...
- You have Sitecore Professional Developer Certification
- You have SFDC Developer (DEV401) Certification or Platform Developer 1 Certification, or Advanced Developer Certification (DEV 501), Admin (ADM201/ADM301) or AppBuilder and Consultant (Sales Cloud/Service Cloud) Certifications
- You understand Electronic Medical Record Systems (EMRs)
- You have experience working with Government agencies and in the healthcare industry