Managing Principal - Banking - Data & Analytics
Consulting – Consulting /
Our client is a global management and technology consultancy dedicated to the financial services and energy industries. They combine innovative thinking with unrivaled industry and domain expertise to offer our clients consulting expertise, complex technology and package integration, transformation delivery, and managed services, to move their organizations forward. Their clients are in leading financial centers across the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific.
The Data & Analytics Team in this organization helps clients transform every nearly aspect of their business. They are highly skilled at formulating data strategy, defining business and technology initiatives across the data management lifecycle, and aligning multi-year strategic roadmaps with their client’s business goals. As digital technologies advance and regulations tighten, today’s consumers – and, therefore, today’s businesses – are becoming more aware of the importance of good quality data. Our client works to establish holistic ways to effectively manage data through the modern data supply chain and facilitate consumption through analytics, modeling, AI, machine learning, dashboarding, and reporting.
As a Managing Principal in the Data & Analytics Team, you will lead efforts to advance banking clients' approach to harnessing data to leverage strategic sources of insight for use in a wide array of business functions, including risk management, regulatory compliance, sales and marketing, product development, and operational performance, among others.
- Architect, design and develop complex database management systems and separate public data from private ones
- Build IP/solutions to take to market
- Develop standards, policies, and procedures regarding the creation and consumption of data to drive standardization, consistency, democratization of information, appropriate security, and trusted information to satisfy business requirements
- Perform project delivery and business development
- Handle multiple assignments and meet tight deadlines
- Develop strong relationships with CDO, Data Architects, Data Engineers at a client
- Banking product knowledge on capital markets and core banking products
- 8+ years of experience working with technologies in the data space
- 3+ full data project lifecycle experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Technical Science
- Knowledge of cloud computing infrastructure (e.g. Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic MapReduce) and considerations for scalable, distributed systems
- Ability to work in the US permanently without sponsorship
Experience Skill Set
- Experience with data/information lifecycle management and governance, metadata management, information classification, data quality, data usage, privacy and information security
- Hands-on experience with the Hadoop stack (e.g. MapReduce, Sqoop, Pig, Hive, Hbase, Flume)
- Hands-on experience with ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) tools (e.g Informatica, Talend, Pentaho)
- Hands-on experience with BI tools and reporting software (e.g. Microstrategy, Cognos, Pentaho)
- Proven record of success in both project delivery and business development for a management consultancy
- Previous experience of successfully managing delivery teams