Senior Manager - Project Management
Consulting – Professional Services /
Our client is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services and hires and develops the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world.
Our client is looking for people who can develop and implement creative solutions to challenging problems and work well with teams to do it. Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit and be innovative by nature, always creating new approaches, products, services, and technologies. Helping clients solve tough problems and implement solutions requires strong intellectual abilities and rigor as well as a practical sense of what works and what does not.
The Advisory Services Enterprise Project Management consulting group is seeking Senior Managers with 10+ years of related work experience leading portfolio and project management design process work.
You will be responsible for managing multiple client engagement teams at an executive level within the practice and the firm. You will work directly with clients to analyze business problems and design PM processes that address them. Additionally, PM team members collaborate with the technology solutions team to creatively leverage technology to support processes as part of the overall solution design.
As a PM Senior Manager, you’ll focus on transforming the organization’s ability to plan and control portfolios, and manage programs/projects through:
- Lead Assessments, Process Design
- Capability Roadmap Development
- PMO Setup & Operations
- Automation & Digital Enablement
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Strong communication skills, especially around breaking down complex structures into digestible and relevant points for a diverse set of clients and colleagues, at all levels
- Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counselling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization
- Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to quickly assimilate to new knowledge. Possess good business acumen. Remain current on new developments in advisory services capabilities and industry knowledge
- In line with our commitment to quality, you'll consistently drive projects to completion and determine that work is of a high quality. Your role in leading teams or parts of teams on engagements will depend on the size of engagement and will be under responsibility of higher levels. They will look to you to anticipate and identify risks and escalate issues as appropriate
- Cultivate and manage business development opportunities. Understand EY and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients. Develop and maintain long-term client relationships and networks. Develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to serve client needs
- A bachelor's or master’s degree with an emphasis in Computer Systems, Engineering, Economics and/or Business
- Approximately 10+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4 years of related work experience providing advisory services in leading project and portfolio management process design work in at least one of the following areas: Assessments, Process Design, Capability Roadmap Development, PMO Setup & Operations, Data Framework and Design and Automation & Digital Enablement.
- Proven success in leading and developing a team of consulting professionals
- Notable career progression within a professional services firm in client-facing advisory role
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in English
- Demonstrated deep professional knowledge of project and portfolio methodologies
- Expertise in identifying technology-related solutions that could streamline/support the process design, including data visualization options such as MS Share Point, MS Project Server/Project Online and MS Project Standard/Professional
- Demonstrated sector-specific knowledge and stay abreast of sector trends relevant to the client’s business
- A high level of business acumen to Identify potential growth opportunities and leverage the EY network appropriately to realize opportunities
- A valid driver's license in the US and a valid passport required; willingness to travel to meet client needs and ability to travel internationally; travel is estimated at 80%
- Notable career progression within a Professional Services firm in client facing advisory role
- Additional software solution experience beyond the Microsoft platform desirable (i.e. Clarity, Primavera, Jira and Plainview)
- Competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to the business. Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus:
- The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you