Senior Principal Engineer
Los Angeles, California
Full-time Employee /
The power of technology applications to create smarter cities and vibrant communities is ready to take off, and GTS is leading the charge. We are passionate about our business and want to add teammates who want to grow in an unconstrained, flexible environment, contributing to industry-leading projects.
The successful candidate will be in Southern California; GTS is adding a Southern California Sr. Principal Engineer focused on managing projects with a hands-on approach. GTS is at the forefront of creating smarter cities and vibrant communities through technology applications, and we are passionate about our business. We seek a Southern California Sr. Principal Engineer who will manage projects and contribute to the growth of our ITS practice in the region, including Orange County, Inland Empire, Los Angeles, San Diego, and surrounding markets.
In this role, you will work remotely from home and be responsible for complex engineering design tasks, marketing client engagement, and overseeing project delivery. It would help if you had a passion for expanding our team and local market presence in ITS projects and clients and a hands-on approach to the industry.
As a successful candidate, you will be rewarded with performance-based bonus incentives and limitless growth opportunities in the ITS industry.
You will work remotely from home in this role, based in the Southern California area.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF, AND YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE...
A passion to expand our team and presence in the local market focused on ITS projects and clients. This position is responsible for complex engineering design tasks and marketing client engagement while contributing to the growth of the ITS practice in Southern CA, including Orange County, Inland Empire, Los Angeles, San Diego, and surrounding markets. Additional activities include managing the design and delivery of projects profitably while being actively involved in design issues, partnership with fellow Practice Builders, client engagement, and overall project oversight.
With success, this individual will enjoy the rewards of performance-based bonus incentives and growth limited only by your imagination.
- Been successful in the Southern California market as a Senior Principal Engineer in the Intelligent Transportation Systems ( ITS consulting services) industry
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Structural, or Transportation Engineering
- Professional Engineer license (PE) of CA - preferred, not required
- Extensive client contacts and relationships with the ITS industry
- Passion for managing and mentoring staff and resources in a positive, collaborative environment
- Partnered with the team to contribute to the success of the business
- 10+ years of experience successfully leading Southern California Transportation project pursuits, bringing your success in business development in the Intelligent Transportation Systems (consulting services) industry, including client engagement, marketing while contributing to the growth of the ITS practice in Southern California, including Los Angeles, Orange County, Inland Empire, San Diego, and surrounding markets
- Been part of additional activities, including managing the design and delivery of projects profitably while being actively involved in design issues partnership with fellow project managers/ practice builders, client engagement, and project oversite
- We offer fantastic growth and mentoring opportunities in all our roles. We have a full slate of benefits as part of our compensation package.
GTS’s flexible workplace model empowers all teammates to fulfill our mission to serve our clients! We emphasize an individual’s impact, contribution, and output over their location. GTS is a high-trust environment, and our team members can choose where they want to work with the business needs in mind. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues worldwide.
We have a global presence in the United States, Saudi Arabia, Canada, and Lebanon.
If you have a passion for excellence and want to make a difference for our clients and continue learning, we want to hear from you. We seek talented, energetic professionals who want to share their expertise and grow with GTS.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of GTS values.
At GTS, we embrace diversity and are committed to including everyone regardless of background, race, gender, age, belief, identity, or experience. A diverse team is a stronger team. Bring yourself – bring your whole self.