Senior Transportation Engineer
Los Angeles, California
Full-time Employee /
The power of technology applications to create smarter cities and vibrant communities is ready to take off, and GTS is leading the charge. We are passionate about our business and want to add teammates who want to grow in an unconstrained, flexible environment, contributing to industry-leading projects.
The successful candidate will be located in Southern California.
SENIOR TRANSPORTATION ENGINEER (work remotely from home, but must be in the greater Southern California area)
We seek engineers who want to grow on short- and long-term projects in an unconstrained, flexible environment. This position is for an intermediate or senior-level ITS engineer to work on communications, traffic signal, and ITS design or operations projects. The ideal candidate performs highly technical and professional engineering work in Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), traffic signals, and telecommunication networks.
YOUR ROLE WILL CONSIST OF THE FOLLOWING:
• Producing engineering plans, specifications, and estimates (PS&E) for traffic signal, streetlighting and fiber design, EV charging construction plans
• Designing and preparing plans, specifications, and cost estimates for ITS projects
• Develop and implement traffic signal timing and coordination plans
• Compile and analyze data pertinent to traffic signal operations, level of services, and other performance measures
• Generating technical diagrams, engineering drawings, and technical specifications related to traffic signals, ITS devices, and communication network
YOU MIGHT BE A FIT IF YOU HAVE:
• Five plus years of experience in transportation and ITS design. This could include signal plans, signing and striping, lighting design, temporary traffic control plan design, traffic impact studies, and signal timing.
• Demonstrated a strong aptitude and passion for learning new technologies
• Experience working on municipal PS&E projects
• Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related field
We offer fantastic growth and mentoring opportunities in all our roles. We have a full slate of benefits as part of our compensation package.
GTS’s flexible workplace model empowers all teammates to fulfill our mission to serve our clients! We emphasize an individual’s impact, contribution, and output over their location. GTS is a high-trust environment, and our team members can choose where they want to work with the business needs in mind. We know community comes in many forms and strive to create opportunities for intentional in-person connection in our offices and virtually for our remote colleagues worldwide.
We have a global presence in the United States, Saudi Arabia, Canada, and Lebanon.
If you have a passion for excellence and want to make a difference for our clients and continue learning, we want to hear from you. We seek talented, energetic professionals who want to share their expertise and grow with GTS.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of GTS values.
At GTS, we embrace diversity and are committed to including everyone regardless of background, race, gender, age, belief, identity, or experience. A diverse team is a stronger team.
Bring yourself – bring your whole self.