Cloud Security Program Manager
United States - San Mateo, CA /
Information Security & Compliance /
We seek an Information Security Project Manager for our Information Security team who will bring passion and dedication to all security aspects. This individual will manage projects and be a security champion on SaaS cloud initiatives in evaluating, managing, and addressing security risks, while implementing forward-looking security capabilities. You will partner across the whole of Guidewire, managing requirements and communications to stakeholders. Be accurate, understandable, and manage actionable plans to guide our business to be more functional and successful by raising the Company's security standards.
- Dive into details of issues, provide design input for the systems, and drive the execution of decisions that impact products, systems, and the team.
- Escalate urgent issues and drive them to closure promptly.
- Work directly with organizational and customer peers to coordinate shared outcomes, activities, and efforts to ensure consistent cross-organizational and cross-functional delivery.
- Develop partnerships across the company, and communicate project needs in a clear and timely manner.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement build/buy solutions to remediate infrastructure/information asset/business continuity risks.
- BA/BS preferably in a technical discipline, with 5+ years of relevant work experience, 3+ years of which should be in managing/leading security initiatives.
- Experience driving projects/programs across teams, organizations, and continents.
- Cloud software experience (developer/architect/implementation), particularly in AWS.
- Clear communicator with strong listening, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to lead and drive department-wide meetings effectively.
- Effective problem solving – can see the big picture while also understanding the details and navigating to successful results.
- Ability to synthesize data and make it actionable for the engineers and reportable/communicable to leadership.
- Excellent MS Office suite skills (primarily Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and working knowledge of project management tools such as SmartSheet. Knowledge of other work planning and productivity tools such as Jira, Confluence, and Miro is a plus.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Certifications such as PMP, and/or security certifications such as CCSP, CISSP, CISA, or AWS certification.
- Experience with Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC) practices in an agile development environment
- Knowledge of National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) security standards and frameworks
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.