Senior UX Designer (Product Designer) - San Mateo, CA
United States - San Mateo, CA /
Product Development /
UX @ Guidewire
Love solving sticky problems? Passionate about crafting innovative solutions for global software? Interested in working on products that touch everyone’s lives? We’re a close-knit and multidisciplinary UX team working to make cloud software that is at the forefront of the insurance industry. We’re committed to building an inclusive workspace that embraces people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills, and talents.
Our team tackles a variety of domains within Property and Casualty insurance, from underwriting and claims to big data and analytics. We consider design a team sport where, together with our colleagues, we strategically solve for business realities and execute on innovative and scalable solutions for both enterprise and customer facing applications.
- Discover information driven insights to help identify trends, problems, opportunities, and design solutions
- Design data visualizations that lead from insight to action
- Guide needs-based definitions of valuable analytical applications in the P&C industry
- Work closely with product teams and partners to extract meaning from complex data relationships to improve our ability to better serve our customers:
- Conduct jobs-to-be-done interviews and analysis around insights our customers desire
- Map insights to uncover the most valuable data and make it consumable by business users.
- Understand and conceptualize solution value of Guidewire’s Analytics and Data platform
- Validate and iterate concepts with customers and subject matter authorities.
- Define product information architecture
What you need to be successful:
- 5+ years design experience and UX research in big data products and complex business processes.
- Consistent track record of
- Designing in the data and analytics space
- Understanding both the business and user experience
- Working cross-functionally to define/prioritize problems AND recommend solutions
- Design storytelling
- Running design thinking workshops
- Building bridges between different functions (e.g. product teams, engineering, technical writers, leadership, partners, services, etc.)
- Proven experience in planning, executing, and synthesizing research (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Design portfolio that demonstrates human-centered design process and business success. Portfolio may be online or a shareable PDF
- Experience with designing for finance, health care or Property and Casualty insurance a plus
How we work @ Guidewire
- Collaboration: We build on each other’s ideas and draw on interdisciplinary approaches to craft impactful experiences.
- Integrity: We stand behind our words and commitments as part of a global community, respecting and recognizing our interdependence.
- Curiosity: We are lifelong learners, with a growth mentality, who are passionate about advancing our discipline through entertaining new ideas and unique perspectives.
- Humility: We leverage our expertise while respecting other viewpoints and challenging our own assumptions.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.