Software Consultant - New College Grad - Toronto
Canada - Toronto /
Students & Graduates /
At Guidewire, we don’t just hire people who fit in; we want to work with anyone who complements our business, teams, and company culture – by being exactly who they are, 24/7. We strive to create an employee community where everyone is valued, respected, included, and can be their authentic self. If you believe you have what we need, we encourage you to apply!
Guidewire's professional services team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented software developer graduate to join the team.
What we do?
We build innovative solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better. We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer who is passionate about building high quality software working with a great team and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
You will have the opportunity to work directly with some of the largest insurance companies all over the world. We work in lean, empowered, and collaborative teams that communicate daily with our customers and allow us to focus on solving complex technical challenges. You'll work alongside intelligent colleagues who've checked their egos at the door. We have a strong culture and a reputation for technical excellence within the industry and are looking for skilled, motivated graduates to help grow this.
The ideal candidate will share and be delighted by our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Successful consultant developers at Guidewire typically have:
- Passionate about solving complex technical problems and working with some of the biggest financial services companies across the world
- Focus on writing good quality code that follows industry standard best practice
- Interest in talking to customers and working in a role that values communication and presentation skills highly
- Curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Excellent communication skills, comfort level to speak their mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
What are we looking for?
- BSc in Computer Science or equivalent with graduation date ranging from December 2022 to May 2023
- business minor or experience preferred
- Some Software development lifecycle exposure (Agile) preferred
- Understanding of programming languages and grounding in Java, C# or C++
- Some familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit Testing, etc.
- Awareness of Object-Oriented Design principles
- Awareness of Web services (e.g. REST, etc.), Cloud Services (e.g. AWS)
- Good communication skills to work with Guidewire customers
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 450 insurers, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on Twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.