Principal Modeler/Principal Data Scientist, Cyber Risk (Supply Chain) , CAN Remote Option
Canada - Remote /
Analytics and Data Services /
Guidewire is searching for a catastrophe modeler to join us on our mission to transform cyber-insurance with the industry's leading cyber risk platform. Cyber is the #1 threat to US national security, above nuclear weapons, and our work here makes a meaningful impact in this space! You will report to the Director of Risk Modeling.
Who We Are, What We Believe, & What We Build
Guidewire is the AWS of insurance. As the market leader, 380 insurance companies run on our mission critical platform. Every second, we support underwriters crafting policies and agents settling claims. We believe that making a great decision should not require 100 in-house data scientists. Our products range from cyber risk quantification to potent ML sandboxes. We are a post-IPO company with the vision to redefine insurance.
Who You Are
You are a passionate and creative problem solver, excited by the prospect of pursuing hard problems and exploring the unknown. You enjoy applying quantitative methods.
- Developing and implementing methodologies to quantify the impact of cyber security risk, with a specific focus on supply chain-related events
- Developing and implementing tools to effectively visualize the potential impact of potential cyber events
- Exploring different data sources to come up with features and assumptions to enhance our set of risk models
- Calibrating, testing and validating different types of models in the insurance space
- Integrating/automating modeling processes in our production pipeline to feed our platform
- Communicating technical details related to the models and their outputs to a variety of audiences
- Collaborating with cyber analysts, data engineers, risk modelers, and product managers
- PhD or MS degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar quantitative disciplines
- Solid statistics and predictive modeling foundations
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis, feature engineering, data visualization and hypotheses testing
Nice to have
- Experience with network analysis/modeling, supply chain analysis/modeling OR graph analysis/modeling
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.