Senior Catastrophe Modeler, Cyber Risk Analytics - CAN Remote Option
United States - Remote /
Analytics and Data Services /
Ready for a new challenge? Join Guidewire as a Senior Catastrophe Data Modeler!
Guidewire’s Cyence Risk Analytics products help the property & casualty (P&C) industry to model new and evolving risks such as cyber. By combining internet-scale data listening, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling, Cyence Risk Analytics provides insights that help P&C customers face new risks, take advantage of new opportunities, and develop new products.
Who We Are, What We Believe, & What We Build
Guidewire is the AWS of insurance. As the market leader, 380 insurance companies run on our mission critical platform. Every second, we support underwriters crafting policies and agents settling claims. We believe that making a great decision should not require 100 in-house data scientists. Our products range from cyber risk quantification to potent ML sandboxes. We are a post-IPO company with the vision to redefine insurance. There is a lot to be done.
Who You Are: Your responsibilities as a modeler will include:
- Developing and implementing methodologies to quantify the impact of cyber security risk, with a specific focus on supply chain-related events
- Developing and implementing tools to effectively visualize the potential impact of potential cyber events
- Exploring different data sources to come up with features and assumptions to enhance our set of risk models
- Calibrating, testing and validating different types of models in the insurance space
- Integrating/automating modeling processes in our production pipeline to feed our platform
- Define and implement a globally consistent best practice process for data validation, feature selection, and modeling of catastrophe exposures
- Champion best practices to design and extend a rapid and flexible modeling framework
- Main analytics point of contact and collaborator with client facing teams
- Collaborating with other leaders across the Analytics organization, including Product Management, Engineering, and Client Engagement
What we are looking for:
- PhD or MS degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar quantitative disciplines
- Mastery of deep learning non/parametric models, clustering, anomaly detection, and interpretability
- 5+ years of experience in data analysis, feature engineering, data visualization and hypotheses testing
- True passion for leading, inspiring, mentoring, and attracting world-class colleagues
- Experience working different types of datasets (e.g. unstructured, semi-structured, with missing information)
- High level proficiency in Python or R, and SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think critically and creatively in a dynamic environment, while picking up new tools and domain knowledge along the way
- A positive attitude, and a growth mindset
- Insurance, actuarial modeling or financial modeling experience
- General understanding of computer network and cybersecurity
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure (e.g. AWS), and open source data processing frameworks (e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Mongo and Cassandra)
#actuarial #aws #quantitiveanalysis #datamodeler #predictiveanalytics #mathematics #cyber #python #rprogramming #sql #hadoop #spark #bigdata #mongo #cassandra #artificialintelligence #machinelearning #guidewire #statistics #cyber #cybersecurity #supplychain #etl
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.