Senior Software Engineer - Back End, Claims Cloud Solutions (Remote)
United States - San Mateo, CA /
Product Development Operations /
The Guidewire Claims team is reimagining and creating new claims experiences for insurance providers and millions of people who are submitting insurance claims with our customers. We are building scalable cloud services and web applications that enable our customers to process a multitude of claims simultaneously, gain insights into their business performance, and deliver the best experience to their customers.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic engineer passionate about designing and owning technical projects for large-scale distributed systems while working in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
Note: Our hiring team is open to remote / telecommuter candidates based in these time zones, e.g. - PST or MST, or CST. The incumbent will work closely with our engineering team based out of our San Mateo, CA headquarters.
In this role you will:
- Work collaboratively in an empowered, lean, cross-functional team
- Own architectural design and development of new features while working with the latest cloud technologies (we heavily rely on Kubernetes, Docker, AWS, and primary use Java)
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of Guidewire cloud products
- Lead by example and be looked to for technical guidance in code and design reviews
You’ll find success in this role if you:
- Have a strong technical background, including 7+ years of experience in software design and development
- Possess experience in building and delivering Kubernetes-native microservices
- Measure your success in terms of team and business impact, not lines of code
- Advocate for high-quality software by promoting test automation and thorough code reviews
- Able to learn quickly in a fast-paced dynamic environment while also efficiently communicating your ideas and suggestions
- Maintain an open mind and an aptitude for continuous improvement, learning, and exploration of new technologies
- Share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Your experience might not precisely match. Your grit, passion, and readiness to learn and grow will stand out, and you might be the one who challenges our assumptions about this role requirements. Apply and join us to build your career with Guidewire!
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.