Product Security Manager - US Remote Option
United States - Remote /
Information Security & Compliance /
This role is responsible for collaborating with security and technology partner teams to secure products and applications across Guidewire’s fast-growing customer facing cloud-based environments and the global IT enterprise infrastructure. Security is a critical part of the Guidewire and you would be working with a team of security professionals helping to protect our brand, reputation, and intellectual property.
Responsibilities (Can include but not limited to)
- Work to continuously develop, maintain and mature Secure Development Lifecycle Program at Guidewire
- Be a resourceful part of the hardworking team responsible for seamless integration of security controls into Guidewire Software Development Lifecycle. This includes working closely with product security champions in an agile environment for following:
- Educate business on Secure Development Life Cycle frameworks
- Perform Threat Modeling in design phase and frequently review to identify and eliminate security issues in design or architecture.
- Facilitate compliance for Static Application Security Testing, Container Security Scanning & Open-source Security Analysis during the development phase in the pipeline
- Facilitate compliance for Dynamic Application Security Testing during the testing phase
- Facilitate compliance on Penetration Test prior to Release/GoLive
- Providing technical guidance in triaging, addressing security issues and tracking remediation will also be part of your responsibilities
- Contribute Guidewire to triage and contain product security incident response or vulnerability disclosures
- Develop comprehensive, accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Ensure knowledge creation around common vulnerabilities within Guidewire landscape and corresponding remediation practices.
- Research the latest security standard methodologies and technologies, staying abreast of new threats and vulnerabilities and helping disseminate this information within the groups at Guidewire
- Own and manage Secure SDLC tools, related automation and innovation.
- Lead and manage high performance team.
Skills and Experience
- Preferred 10 years of strong background in security engineering, software development, architecture, and project management for industry leaders. (Experienced in integrating application security into the SDLC, remediating vulnerabilities, developing and providing security training.).
- Experience in threat modeling, static and dynamic application security testing, open-source security testing, developer security training/workshops, etc.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding in various disciplines such as security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- Experience with cloud service providers and their offerings, preferred AWS
- Strong understanding of vulnerabilities and common attack vectors
- Strong communication (i.e., written and verbal), presentation, teamwork skills and resourcefulness
- Preferred Certifications: CISSP, CSSLP, AWS Solutions Architect, or equivalent.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.