Security Engineer - Canada Remote
Canada - Remote /
Customer and Cloud Operations /
Guidewire is seeking an experienced Senior Security Engineer to support the design, implementation, and maintenance of a cohesive security operations/monitoring solution. Your job will be to help ensure that our services, applications, and websites are secured against the latest threats. The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, security operations, incident response, and/or threat intelligence.
- Operate and maintain security-related applications and tools.
- Performs assessments of control implementation against compliance and control frameworks including NIST, ISO 27001 and PCI.
- Provide forensic investigation of our technology environments
- Identify and understand current and emerging threats
- Engage in proactive threat hunting
- Participates in the change management process to ensure adherence to compliance and security requirements.
- implementation and compliance with our control framework.
- Perform analysis of network traffic, behavioral and security events
- The candidate should be familiar with the following:
- Audit log aggregation solutions
- Netflows and traffic monitoring
- Full packet capture solutions
- Malware analysis
- Endpoint security solutions
- Linux and open source software
- Web servers and web application firewalls
- Incident handling processes and procedures
- Experience with AWS services
- 5+ years of experience in security engineering related to vulnerability management, intrusion prevention, data protection, monitoring, analytical, and correlation tools;
- 5+ years of experience in managing firewalls and intrusion prevention/detection systems including the ability to demonstrate a mature understanding of networking best practices
- 5+ years of experience working in a Security Operations Center and performing analysis of security events
- 3+ years of experience in security compliance related to FISMA, NIST, and related security and risk management regulations;
- 5+ years of experience working the Linux operating system
- 5+ years of experience working with PERL, PHP, Python and/or other scripting languages
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- At least one recognized security professional certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+, CEH etc.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. 380 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 700+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.