Senior Director, Cyber Risk Advisor- REMOTE
United States - Remote /
Go To Market /
Guidewire is searching for a Senior Director, Cyber Risk Advisor who is hungry for a rare chance to transform insurance with the industry's leading cyber risk platform. The Cyence team at Guidewire uses internet-scale data collection, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling capabilities to help insurers and other financial institutions model evolving risks, develop new products, and make better business decisions. Cyber is the #1 threat to US national security, above nuclear weapons, and our work here makes a meaningful impact in this space!
Who We Are, What We Believe,& What We Build
Guidewire is the AWS of insurance. As the market leader, 380 insurance companies run on our mission critical platform. Every second, we support underwriters crafting policies and agents settling claims. We believe that making a great decision should not require 100 in-house data scientists. Our products range from cyber risk quantification to potent ML sandboxes. We are a post-IPO company with the vision to revolutionize insurance. There is a lot to be done.
Who You Are
You have deep experience with CyberSecurity best practices and are excited at the prospect of leading a team to rapidly evolve and iterate. You have a passion for continuous improvement and take pride in providing world-class application availability and protection of customer data
- Work cross-functionally with colleagues in client-facing roles, data engineering, DevOps, data science/modeling, and product in a growing environment to assess, research, and analyze cyber security risks (vulnerabilities, threats, and attacks on enterprise products and environments) and controls.
- Research, evaluate, and understand security controls as they relate to risk management including, but not limited to Anti-Malware, IDS, Content Filter, DNS Security, Vulnerability Management, Endpoint Detection & Response, Mobile Device Management, SIEM and Cloud Security and technology.
- Develop hypotheses about cyber risk measurement techniques, and conduct EDA on new data sources, develop metrics and documentation, and make recommendations based on documented assessment of cyber risk implications.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of security threats, countermeasures, and security tools. Collaborate with our engineering team to build our solution capabilities.
- Craft and radiate innovative thought-pieces to enhance the brand in the broader risk marketplace.
- Support client teams to champion our cyber tools within their organization.
- Serve as an expert to support marketing campaigns and sales activities.
- Influence and work with senior management and colleagues across Guidewire’s other departments.
- 10-15 years of experience and bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field or a recognized industry certificate, with preference for certifications with a practical component (e.g., SANS GIAC, Comp TIA, CEH, ECSA, SSCP).
- Broad knowledge of network security, endpoint security, cloud-based and distributed infrastructure security, vulnerability management, enterprise security controls, security incident response, cyber threat intelligence and analysis (TTPs, IOCs). security processes, authentication and security protocols, cryptography and application security, container and multi-tier web applications, security orchestration, large scale data pipelines, and WAF and virtual firewalls.
- Working knowledge of at least three of the following areas: secure cloud deployment, application whitelisting, security engineering, incident handling, vulnerability analysis, active adversary threat management, penetration testing, encryption technologies, cyber threat intelligence and analysis.
- Strong problem-solving, time management and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly pick up new technical concepts and skills.
- Understanding of security and risk frameworks such as MITRE ATT&CK, CIS, and VERIS, NIST CSF, NIST SP 800-series.
- Commitment to learn from and work with peers to grow and expand your cybersecurity knowledge and expertise.
- Strong strategic business acumen married with innate execution focus, detail orientation, and superb communication.
- Experience in the Insurance or Financial Services sectors.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills and the ability to drive to agreement using a combination of persuasion, negotiation and rational judgement.
#cybersecurity #risk #insurance #p&c #propertyandcasualty #riskmanagement #riskassessment #vulerabilitymanagement #nist #networksecurity #endpointsecurity #aws #amazonwebservices #guidewire #cyber #financialservices
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.