Data Platform Engineer, Cyber (US REMOTE OPTION)
United States - Remote /
Analytics and Data Services /
Guidewire is searching for a Data Engineer who is hungry for a rare chance to transform insurance with the industry's leading cyber risk platform. The Cyence Risk Analytics team at Guidewire uses internet-scale data collection, adaptive machine learning, and insurance risk modeling capabilities to help insurers and other financial institutions model evolving risks, develop new products, and make better business decisions. Cyber is the #1 threat to US national security, above nuclear weapons, and our work here makes a meaningful impact in this space!
Who We Are, What We Believe, & What We Build
Guidewire is the AWS of insurance. As the market leader, 380 insurance companies run on our mission-critical platform. Every second, we support underwriters crafting policies and agents settling claims. We believe that making a significant decision should not require 100 in-house data scientists. Our products range from cyber risk quantification to potent ML sandboxes. We are a post-IPO company with the vision to revolutionize insurance. But, there is a lot to be done.
Who You Are
You have a passion for exploring complex problems and focusing on business impact. You're energized by the prospect of not just solving problems but also exploring and contributing to transformational improvements. You're hungry to apply your data engineering knowledge to make a meaningful impact on improving insurance customers' cybersecurity outcomes.
- Design and build cloud-based microservices to automate and scale raw data capture, often via third party APIs
- Use ETL methodologies to process, cleanse, store and verify data
- Champion best practices including unit testing, object-oriented design, and design patterns
- Transform specs into efficient, production-ready code via pair programming and peer review, learning from and mentoring your colleague of doers in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Develop robust REST APIs using Flask to deliver quality data
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- Passion for solving complex problems involving data
- 4-6+ years of professional development experience
- Willingness to learn new technologies, be agile and adaptable
- Excellent skills in Python and other programming languages, coupled with a deep understanding of object-oriented software design patterns
- Solid knowledge of databases and SQL, including tuning and schema design
- Experience in building microservices using Kubernetes and Docker within AWS
- Understanding of data flows, data architecture, ETL, and processing of structured and unstructured data
- Experience using SQLAlchemy, Pandas, and NumPy
- Experience with message queues / Publish Subscribe pattern. Airflow, Redis, and Celery a big plus
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Experience with data lake technology such as S3 parquet
- Experience with data mining and machine learning
- Proficiency with databases and SQL, database administration, performance tuning, and schema design
- Familiarity with basic cyber security concepts
#dataengineer #airflow #redis #cicd #cyber #security #python #pythonengineer #aws #database #etl #supplychain #sql
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case. Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation, or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940 or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a decision within 10 business days.