Lead User Experience (UX) Design Consultant - Canada Remote
Canada - Remote /
Delivery Services /
Join Guidewire Design!
UX @ Guidewire
Love solving sticky problems? Excited about crafting innovative solutions for global software in the Insurance space? Interested in working on products that touch everyone’s lives? We’re a close-knit and multidisciplinary UX team working to make cloud software that is at the forefront of the insurance industry. We’re committed to building an inclusive workspace that embraces people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills, and talents.
The successful candidate will work closely with our Sales and Solutions team to help customers achieve their goals for customer experience and brand alignment while balancing the realities of budgets, parallel projects and technology roadmap for some of the biggest Insurance carriers across the globe. We consider design a team sport where, together with our colleagues, we strategically solve for business realities and execute on innovative and scalable solutions for both enterprise and customer facing applications.
- Working as part of our sales and implementation teams, designing and implementing world-class customer experiences from concept to finished product
- Planning and running design workshops and design sprints to engage with customers and build consensus
- Presenting work and communicating design solution to stakeholders – fluent written and spoken English required
- Co-ordination of design related activity with the team – your manager, your team mates, the development team, etc
- Iterating design - developing design solutions from requirements, incorporating feedback from customers, applying findings from analytics and user research.
- Crafting and specifying the user interface to production quality using Guidewire’s design system
- Enabling customers to maximize value while following best practices of Guidewire’s design system
- Engaging with our product organization to provide input to and help influence product direction and roadmap
What you need to be successful:
- 8+ years’ enterprise-grade application design experience, with a strong focus on UI
- Enjoys collaboration with designers and non-designers and proactively and effectively involves stakeholders in the design process using appropriate tools and methods.
- Mastered at least one of the following contemporary design packages - Sketch, Figma, or Adobe XD.
- Communicating your design effectively at different stages of the process using sketches and prototypes.
- Ability to lead and facilitate workshops with internal and external stakeholder is a must.
How we work @ Guidewire
Collaboration: We build on each other’s ideas and draw on interdisciplinary approaches to craft impactful experiences.
Integrity: We stand behind our words and commitments as part of a global community, respecting and recognizing our interdependence.
Curiosity: We are lifelong learners, with a growth mindset, who are passionate about advancing our discipline through entertaining new ideas and unique perspectives.
Humility: We leverage our expertise while respecting other viewpoints and challenging our own assumptions.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.