San Francisco, California
Guild is building the next generation of payment products centered around brands, starting with radically transparent co-branded credit cards. Guild was founded by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Greycroft and Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars.
As a data scientist, you’ll be working closely with our product and engineering teams to help optimize and build our product. You’ll build data analytics tools for our brand partners, helping them optimize and learn from their card programs. Experience making use of large datasets to drive product and strategic decisions is a must. Enjoying getting into the weeds to find hidden value for our customers is a plus!
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., Statistics, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering) or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 2 years of work experience in data analysis related field.
- Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL)
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Work cross-functionally to make product and business recommendations; effectively communicate your findings to drive improvements across our organization.
- Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization tools and methods to optimize the consumer and brand experience.
- Fast-growing team tackling a $20B market opportunity, partnering with some of today’s most exciting brands to launch innovative products
- Meaningful and uncapped professional and personal growth opportunities
- Mission-driven startup built around delivering consumers transparent, personalized, and exciting financial products
At Guild, we believe that consumers deserve better, simplicity and transparency are key, and brand-centered financial services are the future. We’re rethinking co-branded credit cards, rebuilding the legacy marketplace around the needs of brands and best interests of consumers.
Guilders are hackers and builders: scrappy, hungry, and curious. Guilders question the way things are and find holes in the status quo. Guilders know that we’re all a work-in-progress: we believe your “slope” matters much more than your “y-intercept”. Guild provides unusually good support and resources for Guilders, and unusually meaningful autonomy at every level.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every member of our team to feel that they matter, belong, and can bring their full and authentic selves to work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.