San Francisco, California
Guild is building the next generation of payment products centered around brands, starting with radically transparent co-branded credit cards. Guild was founded by Michael Spelfogel and Scott Kazmierowicz (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Greycroft and Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars.
As a compliance manager, you will advise and support our product, engineering, and business teams with their compliance obligations, ensuring compliance with applicable requirements. You’ll work closely with key partners to help manage regulatory and operational risk as we rapidly scale our business. Experience working with financial institutions and regulators is a must. Familiarity with AML/BSA, Fair Credit Reporting Act, PCI DSS, Card Act and other applicable requirements is a plus.
What you will do:
- Design a custom compliance and fraud risk program for Guild that is consistent with regulatory and bank partner expectations.
- Translate compliance requirements and bank partner expectations into business specifications for Product and Technology teams.
- Cultivate a culture of compliance in a fast paced, startup culture, by educating team members about compliance requirements and monitoring compliance with regulatory and bank partner expectations.
- Update and maintain BSA/AML policies and procedures to ensure consistency with ongoing operations.
- Manage ongoing compliance operations activities and relationships with compliance and risk vendors and bank partners.
What you will bring to Guild:
- 3-5 years Compliance and/or Fraud Risk experience working in either the financial services or fintech industry.
- Experience contributing to the design and implementation of compliance and fraud risk programs for a regulated company.
- The ability to work independently and demonstrate creative problem solving to devise solutions to complex problems.
- BSA/AML, Fair Credit Reporting Act, CARD Act and other relevant regulatory compliance experience.
- Strong project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to influence others to deliver high quality work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Fast-growing team tackling a $20B market opportunity, partnering with some of today’s most exciting brands to launch innovative products
- Meaningful and uncapped professional and personal growth opportunities
- Mission-driven startup built around delivering consumers transparent, personalized, and exciting financial products
At Guild, we believe that consumers deserve better, simplicity and transparency are key, and brand-centered financial services are the future. We’re rethinking co-branded credit cards, rebuilding the legacy marketplace around the needs of brands and best interests of consumers.
Guilders are hackers and builders: scrappy, hungry, and curious. Guilders question the way things are and find holes in the status quo. Guilders know that we’re all a work-in-progress: we believe your “slope” matters much more than your “y-intercept”. Guild provides unusually good support and resources for Guilders, and unusually meaningful autonomy at every level.
Guild is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for every member of our team to feel that they matter, belong, and can bring their full and authentic selves to work. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.