Cloud Infrastructure Engineer (Porto)
GYANT is changing the way health systems connect with patients. Through conversations with GYANT’s artificial intelligence, patients can have an improved experience getting the care they need.
About the role:
We are looking for a versatile and ingenious Cloud Infrastructure Engineer who is passionate about automation.
GYANT developed state-of-the-art medical virtual assistant technology that powers a portfolio of products. Our system is built on a modular and scalable micro-services architecture (Kubernetes/AWS), using Node.js and Python, and relying on sophisticated machine learning (ML) and natural language processing (NLP) technology that we developed in-house.
To date GYANT has helped over 5 million patients. We are working with leading healthcare systems such as Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic and Intermountain.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Maintain and evolve the core infrastructure that holds all services of our platform.
- Design and automate processes to ensure continuous maintainability, performance, security and scalability of the datastores that hold our content.
- Deliver protocols to integrate our solutions with Gyant's partners/clients and advocate towards the usage of better tools and processes to solve integration challenges.
- Define, implement and champion initiatives to ensure compliance with industry standard security practices.
- Participate in the efforts to achieve higher levels of observability of our platform (services and underlying infrastructure).
- Contribute towards the reduction of toil in all infrastructure-related activities.
Here’s what you need to be successful:
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Experience in designing and operating SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Good level of expertise employing managed cloud services to fulfil typical enterprise infrastructure requirements (IAM, PKI, DNS, CDN, etc.).
- Solid knowledge of how network services (HTTP, TLS/SSL) and network fundamentals (DHCP, subnetting, routing, firewalls) work.
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker) and containerised cluster management systems (e.g Kubernetes).
- Coding experience in one or more multi-purpose languages (e.g. Python, Go).
- Understanding of Unix/Linux operating systems and familiarity with the respective shells.
- Ability to collaborate and communicate asynchronously with effectiveness and efficiency.
- Passion for automation and self-service infrastructure strategies.
- Track record in the development and deployment of cloud native applications.
- Familiarity with Security and Compliance (SOC2, HIPAA, ISO27001) best practices and how to implement controls that support high-velocity software delivery teams.
- Experience with cloud provisioning (e.g. Terraform, Pulumi) and configuration management (e.g. Salt, Ansible) solutions.
Nice to Have:
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Take the time off that you need to relax and recharge with 21 days of paid time off.
- Support your continued growth with GYANT’s professional/personal development budget.
- GYANT has offices in San Francisco, CA and Porto, Portugal and is currently a remote work friendly company. Work from where you feel most comfortable and productive.
GYANT is changing the way health systems connect with patients.
We believe that artificial intelligence can transform the patient experience at different points along the patient journey. Our technology helps patients understand where they need to go when they feel sick or there is a health emergency; when they are in the clinic, we capture the important details and prepare the medical team with that information; and when a patient is recovering from an operation, we make sure the recovery goes smoothly.
Founded in 2016, GYANT is a small and nimble multi-cultural and cross-disciplinary team where each member is an expert in their discipline. We make space for team members to propose how we can reach our strategic goals and we’re looking for people who get satisfaction from solving problems. We value diverse perspectives, candid feedback, and we’re excited to bring on team members who will work passionately towards our mission.
- Focus on impact - We want to make a difference in the world of healthcare and are motivated to help people at scale.
- Freedom & accountability - We trust each other to make independent decisions and hold each other accountable for results.
- Meritocracy of ideas - Everyone at GYANT has a voice, and we make decisions based on objective criteria to implement the best ideas.
- Intensity - We work passionately towards our vision and understand that this is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Candor - We give and accept candid, respectful feedback in service of personal and professional development.
- Personal development - We strive to better ourselves and help each other grow.
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don’t fit everything we’ve described above. You can also have important skills that we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
GYANT is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking continued steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women and other gender minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA people, veterans, and people with disabilities.