User Interface Designer (Contract)
GYANT is looking for a freelance UI designer for our digital health chat product. We need an experienced designer to convert our specifications to intuitive user interfaces. This role may lead to additional projects in the future.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Improve the UI/UX of existing features and components
- Collaborate with product & engineering on new features, providing input and requirements from a design perspective
- Create wireframes, mockups, and/or prototypes for new solutions as needed
- Present deliverables to stakeholders and explain design decisions
- Quickly iterate based on stakeholder feedback
- Create final assets for implementation
Here's what you need to be successful:
- 3+ years of experience as a product or UI designer
- Proficiency with design tools including Sketch and inVision
- Experience designing for both web & mobile
- Experience designing for B2C / B2B2C customer service interactions
- Bonus: Experience with digital illustration in order to create medical images and icons
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family/dependents.
- Option to contribute to your retirement via a 401k.
- Take the time off that you need to relax and recharge with 4 weeks of PTO.
- Support your continued growth with GYANT’s professional/personal development stipend.
- GYANT has offices in San Francisco, CA and Porto, Portugal and is currently a remote work friendly company. Work from where you feel most comfortable and productive.
GYANT is changing the way health systems connect with patients.
We believe that artificial intelligence can transform the patient experience at different points along the patient journey. Our technology helps patients understand where they need to go when they feel sick or there is a health emergency; when they are in the clinic, we capture the important details and prepare the medical team with that information; and when a patient is recovering from an operation, we make sure the recovery goes smoothly.
Founded in 2016, GYANT is a small and nimble multi-cultural and cross-disciplinary team where each member is an expert in their discipline. We make space for team members to propose how we can reach our strategic goals and we’re looking for people who get satisfaction from solving problems. We value diverse perspectives, candid feedback, and we’re excited to bring on team members who will work passionately towards our mission.
- Focus on impact - We want to make a difference in the world of healthcare and are motivated to help people at scale.
- Freedom & accountability - We trust each other to make independent decisions and hold each other accountable for results.
- Meritocracy of ideas - Everyone at GYANT has a voice, and we make decisions based on objective criteria to implement the best ideas.
- Intensity - We work passionately towards our vision and understand that this is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Candor - We give and accept candid, respectful feedback in service of personal and professional development.
- Personal development - We strive to better ourselves and help each other grow.
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don’t fit everything we’ve described above. You can also have important skills that we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
GYANT is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking continued steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women and other gender minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA people, veterans, and people with disabilities.