Lead Designer (Porto)
We are looking for a highly motivated, hands-on Lead Designer with strong expertise in UI/UX and Visual Design. In this role, you’ll be working across a broad spectrum of projects: from establishing our brand voice to designing our patient-facing products. You’ll be responsible for crafting user-friendly and user-focused experiences that will help millions of users navigate towards better health care.
Here's what you'll be doing:
- Ideate unique design visions;
- Design original and unexpected creative solutions;
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, sales, marketing and other top level stakeholders to develop and execute GYANT’s business and brand;
- Design assets for digital marketing campaigns and sales collaterals;
- Lead the creation of design guidelines and digital brand manuals;
- Work closely with product and engineering to ensure the feasibility of your visual concepts and the fidelity of the final output;
- Embrace challenges and inspire new ways of thinking.
Here's what you need to be successful:
- 5+ years of experience as a UI/UX or Visual Designer;
- In-depth knowledge in user research, creating artifacts in user experience and user interactions;
- Proven experience in building and using scalable design systems and UI pattern libraries;
- Understanding of user behavior as it relates to design;
- Excellent understanding of visual harmony, information hierarchy, and design patterns;
- Ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams;
- Excellent communication and written skills: ability to effectively lead a meeting and articulate clearly;
- Ability to work well under pressure, with a high degree of adaptability in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to balance great design with short deadlines;
- Fluent in English. Portuguese is a plus;
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience working with Sketch or Figma.
Nico to Have:
- Design or technical degree;
- Experience working with conversation/messaging designs;
- Interest/experience in motion design, illustration;
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Take the time off that you need to relax and recharge with 21 days of paid time off.
- Support your continued growth with GYANT’s professional/personal development budget.
- GYANT has offices in San Francisco, CA and Porto, Portugal and is currently a remote work friendly company. Work from where you feel most comfortable and productive.
GYANT is changing the way health systems connect with patients.
We believe that artificial intelligence can transform the patient experience at different points along the patient journey. Our technology helps patients understand where they need to go when they feel sick or there is a health emergency; when they are in the clinic, we capture the important details and prepare the medical team with that information; and when a patient is recovering from an operation, we make sure the recovery goes smoothly.
Founded in 2016, GYANT is a small and nimble multi-cultural and cross-disciplinary team where each member is an expert in their discipline. We make space for team members to propose how we can reach our strategic goals and we’re looking for people who get satisfaction from solving problems. We value diverse perspectives, candid feedback, and we’re excited to bring on team members who will work passionately towards our mission.
- Focus on impact - We want to make a difference in the world of healthcare and are motivated to help people at scale.
- Freedom & accountability - We trust each other to make independent decisions and hold each other accountable for results.
- Meritocracy of ideas - Everyone at GYANT has a voice, and we make decisions based on objective criteria to implement the best ideas.
- Intensity - We work passionately towards our vision and understand that this is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Candor - We give and accept candid, respectful feedback in service of personal and professional development.
- Personal development - We strive to better ourselves and help each other grow.
We want you to know:
You can be a great candidate even if you don’t fit everything we’ve described above. You can also have important skills that we haven’t thought of. If that’s you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
GYANT is an equal opportunity employer. We’re committed to diversity and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences, and we’re taking continued steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women and other gender minorities, people of color, LGBTQIA people, veterans, and people with disabilities.