Senior Backend Engineer (US - 100% Remote)
New York City, NY /
We are excited to officially launch and announce our $21.7M fundraise! Read more on TechCrunch.
Gynger is on a mission to combine software with capital to enable businesses to scale with the technology they love.
We are a software and infrastructure financing platform that helps businesses buy the tools they need to grow. By enabling businesses to purchase these tools with flexible payment terms, regardless of what their vendors offer, Gynger helps them buy the best products for their tech stack while saving money, improving cash flow and extending runway.
Gynger is defining a new category within fintech and we're backed by some of the best VCs in the world. We're seeking to hire top-notch talent to conquer this category. Are you up for the challenge?
As a backend engineer, you will architect, design, build, and develop Gynger's B2B fintech SaaS platform. In this role, you will heavily involve yourself in figuring out the data processing backend which includes building data acquisition pipelines, data indexing, data processing, algorithms, and data classifications while working with SQL and noSQL databases. Additionally, you be involved in building out our fintech API integrations which will integrate service providers directly into Gynger's platform. Finally, combining both the data processing and the fintech API integrations together, you will also own how data is ingested and integrated into the platform.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a small team, the first such hire at Gynger, and build a brand new product from the ground up.
In this position you will...
- Architect, design, build, and develop products and enhancements for Gynger's suite of products.
- Design and develop systems, APIs, data structures, and business logic to create competitive advantage.
- Create and deliver data and schema migrations and high quality code for new features and systems.
- Collaborate with the Product team to appropriately scope and schedule deliverables.
- Identify and implement performing tuning optimizations across queries, APIs, and infrastructure.
- Perform code reviews and mentor other team members.
- 3+ years (ideally 5-10 years) of professional work experience in backend engineering.
- At least some of your recent experience at a startup with <100 employees building products from the ground up.
- Ideally, a degree in a relevant subject (e.g. computer science).
- Strong product intuition: You care about design and user experience and are quick to identify how these could be improved.
- An entrepreneurial mindset: You thrive in unstructured environments and enjoy identifying big problems in addition to solving them.
- The ability to work in an environment that is 100% remote (if not in NYC) with a lot of independence and autonomy.
Our tech stack includes...
- Google Cloud Platform
Target Compensation: $120,000 - 180,000/year base
• Endless career growth opportunities by joining our team at the ground floor.
• A tight-knit team of like-minded people who are passionate about building startups.
• Ability to work remotely, or a hybrid between our NYC office and remote.
• Equity, a competitive salary, and robust benefits.
• Flexible PTO.
Win Together - Move, grow, and win as a team.
Be Accountable - Be true to yourself, to your team and to your customers.
Stay Curious - Dig deep and always thirst for knowledge.
Listen to Understand - Uncover what is really being communicated.
Go Above & Beyond - Go the extra mile and unlock the thrill of being a pioneer.
We’re focused on building and fostering a diverse, flexible, and inclusive space that allows our team members to thrive. We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer and consider applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, genetics, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.