Full Stack Engineer
Greater New York City Area
Engineering – Product Engineering
Full Stack Engineer
The Product team at H1 builds products and features for our subscribed clients in the healthcare space. We are constantly adding new methods of analyzing and displaying our rich dataset, while still appreciating the time and effort it takes to build a system that will scale. In the past year, H1 has grown from selling to a few small healthcare companies to now supporting a large percentage of top international pharma clients. Our growth has been astronomical leading to our inclusion into Y Combinator as described in this TechCrunch article.
During this expansion, our user’s needs have increased in complexity. As we're continuing to grow our offering, we are looking for someone who can join the organization and help make sure we can continue to provide this amazing user-experience at scale.
Please note this opportunity is available to US Citizens or someone fully able to work in the United States. We do not offer Visa transfer or Sponsorship at this time.
As a full stack engineer you are going to be focused on helping us deliver key wins by delivering exciting and delighting functionality to our end users. You’ll have the ability to strongly influence our technology choices going forwards. You will have direct founder level interactions. You’ll not only learn about great Tech, a great product, but you’ll also learn from the decision makers who have successfully built and exited multiple startups. You will also be working with stakeholders across our engineering, data, and product organizations to support your team in delivering the best scalable, stable, and high-quality healthcare data application in the market.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from Design, Product, Data, and Engineering in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives and driving new architecture
- Design with performance in mind always consider non-functional requirements
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality
- Own your contributions from planning, through, coding, testing and releasing your work
What we look for in you
- Must have a strong passion for coding (and not aspire to be an overseer)!
- Must be a self-starter. This role is not for the faint of heart
- Must take quality, security and performance seriously
- Ability to pair with other engineers and cross-team as needed
- Ability to be highly present either in person or virtually, to be reliable, and to act like a steward of H1
- Writing reliable high-quality code and when there is a bug or issue having the sense of ownership to remediate any issues
- Running blue/green deployments
- Be a great human who contributes to an amazing, accepting, and diverse culture
- Affinity for the back-end part of full stack development
- Experience with AWS cloud preferred
- Someone who values documenting their work to allow them the opportunity to fight the next great fight, while others can pick up on their prior work
- Someone who values test automation and contributes to code coverage and key automated tests
- Strong product intuition and business analysis abilities
- Experience with Elasticsearch is required (at least Intermediate level is preferred)
- A preference towards the backend of Full Stack with ability to go end to end on the front end
- Experience with NodeJS, React, Postgres, Docker, and AWS services
- Software management tools such as Git, JIRA, and CircleCI
- Experience with Netlify and Okta is a plus
- Language agnostic: Code polyglot able to take up any language and technology without pain
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance (Medical and Dental)
- Unlimited Vacation/Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Days
- Dinner on our corporate Seamless account
- Stocked fridge and cabinets full of snacks and drinks
- Stock Options
Founded in 2017, H1 is a global healthcare technology company that brings data to the pharmaceutical industry. We use technology and design to bring our clients action-driven content, which provides comprehensive and strategic insights to drive decision making. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate engineers, scientists, designers and more that work together to make the impossible possible.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in the UK and India, H1 is changing the way drugs infiltrate the market. H1 has been named to the top 100 healthcare technology companies to watch in 2019. Visith1insights.com to learn more about us.