Senior Product Engineer - Tech Lead
Greater New York City Area
Engineering – Product Engineering
The Product team at H1 builds products and features for our subscribed clients in the healthcare space. We are constantly adding new methods of analyzing and displaying our rich dataset, while still appreciating the time and effort it takes to build a system that will scale. In the past year, H1 has grown from selling to a few small healthcare companies to now supporting a large percentage of top international pharma clients. During this expansion, our user’s needs have increased in complexity. As we're continuing to grow our offering, we are looking for someone who can join the organization and help make sure we can continue to provide this amazing user-experience at scale.
As the technical lead on the product engineering team, you will create the technical strategy and architecture of our feature product, H1 Curie. You will be working with stakeholders across the engineering, data, and product organizations to lead your team in delivering the best scalable, stable and high-quality healthcare data application in the market.
- Design and implement a stable and regenerative deployment system and infrastructure.
- Implement best practices in architectural design and mentor the team in these practices.
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from Design, Product, Data, and Engineering in order to deliver against quarterly and annual roadmap objectives including defining objectives and driving new architecture.
- Identify cross-functional dependencies and remove blockers when needed across engineering, design, and product management.
- Achieve on-time delivery without compromising quality.
- Get your hands dirty by building features as one of the members of the team.
- 5+ years of experience in building all-star products within top-tier engineering teams.
- 2+ years of leadership experience in team leadership or technology management.
- Strong background with CI/CD and how to incorporate test automation into development flows.
- Ability to identify the strengths and weaknesses of team members in order to maximize team effectiveness; provide guidance to individuals when needed for coaching or mentoring.
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and your product manager.
- Must have a strong passion for coding (and not aspire to be an overseer)!
- Must be a self-starter. This role is not for the faint of heart.
- Developer Operations (Deployment and AWS Infrastructure)
- React.js, Node.js, Typescript, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch (Our Stack)
- Software management tools such as Git, JIRA, and CircleCI.
- Language agnostic: Code polyglot able to take up any language and technology without pain.
- Strong product intuition and business analysis abilities.
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance (Medical and Dental)
- Unlimited Vacation/Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Days
- Dinner on our corporate Seamless account
- Stocked fridge and cabinets full of snacks and drinks
- Stock Options
Founded in 2017, H1 is a global healthcare technology company that brings the data to the pharmaceutical industry. We use technology and design to bring our clients action-driven content, which provides comprehensive and strategic insights to drive decision making. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate engineers, scientists, designers and more that work together to make the impossible, possible.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in the UK and India, H1 is changing the way drugs infiltrate the market. H1 has been named to the top 100 healthcare technology companies to watch in 2019. Visit h1insights.com to learn more about us.