Greater New York City Area
Engineering – Product Engineering
The Product team at H1 builds products and features for our subscribed clients in the healthcare space. We are constantly adding new methods of analyzing and displaying our rich dataset, while still appreciating the time and effort it takes to build a system that will scale. In the past year, H1 has grown from selling to a few small healthcare companies to now supporting a large percentage of top international pharma clients. Our growth has been astronomical leading to our inclusion into Y Combinator as described in this TechCrunch article.
During this expansion, our user’s needs have increased in complexity. As we're continuing to grow our offering, we are looking for someone who can join the organization and help make sure we can continue to provide this amazing user-experience at scale.
The persona for this role is someone who has been a founder level engineer at a successful venture where as the engineer you had the ability to do it all, and you did do it all. You’ve built a beautiful SasS product from the ground up - all layers. You have both a sense of design and great code. You are the type of person who just thrives on work. You love it - this is fun for you. You also love helping the company grow and participate in this a number of different ways including: Making the impossible possible, recruiting, and being able to jump in and solve problems as needed, even if not on the project you are working on. You deliver beautiful high quality performant secure solutions.
- Both be able to work as an Individual contributor as well as collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders from Design, Product, Data, and Engineering in order to deliver against highly aggressive delivery timelines
- Design with performance in mind always consider non-functional requirements
- Be able to go from start to finish - concept to a viable live solution with experience in doing so
- Be someone who is aware of the underlying compute and how that effects engineering solutions
- Be excellent in a crisis driving the product team towards quick actions to positively impact clients at times of duress as well as drive long term roles forward.
- Own your contributions from planning, through, coding, testing and releasing your work
- Smartly choosing platform oriented software choices
- Have a keen sense and always strive for a great user experience
- Must have a strong passion for coding
- Must be able to orchestrate the product engineering team most effectively to drive product wins, innovation and outcomes
- Must be a self-starter. This role is not for the faint of heart
- Must take quality, security and performance seriously
- Ability to pair with other engineers and cross-team as needed
- Ability to be highly present either in our NYC office
- Act as a steward of H1
- Writing reliable high-quality code and when there is a bug or issue having the sense of ownership to remediate any issues.
- Running zero down time deployments
- Be a great human who contributes to an amazing, accepting, and diverse culture
- Experience with AWS cloud preferred
- Someone who values documenting their work to allow them the opportunity to fight the next great fight, while others can pick up on their prior work
- Someone who values test automation and leverages this to ensure high quality outcomes
- 7-10 Years of professional experience with at least 2 years experience in a hands on Tech Lead role
- Experience with NodeJS, React, Postgres, Docker, and AWS
- Software management tools such as Git, JIRA, and CircleCI.
- Experience with Netlify and Okta is a plus L
- Language agnostic: Code polyglot able to take up any language and technology without pain.
- Strong product intuition and business analysis abilities.
- Excellent UX/design skills
Benefits and Perks
- Health Insurance (Medical and Dental)
- Unlimited Vacation/Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Days
- Dinner on our corporate Seamless account
- Stocked fridge and cabinets full of snacks and drinks
- Stock Options
Founded in 2017, H1 is a global healthcare technology company that brings data to the pharmaceutical industry. We use technology and design to bring our clients action-driven content, which provides comprehensive and strategic insights to drive decision making. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate engineers, scientists, designers and more that work together to make the impossible possible.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices in the UK and India, H1 is changing the way drugs infiltrate the market. H1 has been named to the top 100 healthcare technology companies to watch in 2019. Visith1insights.com to learn more about us.