Team Lead - Mortgage Expert
Full-time - Permanent
Team Lead - Mortgage Experts
We are looking for an experienced team leader to lead a team of mortgage experts to deliver exceptional customer service and mortgage advice. Working for the VP Mortgage Operations this person will be an experienced, customer-focused Team Lead who is motivated about getting the best out of their people. As a leader, you will develop, lead and motivate your team to provide an amazing customer experience using your range of people skills and experience. You are keen to drive change by inspiring people with a great leadership style and passion for the brand and our customers. This role naturally has a large influence on performance so great communication skills and a real understanding of what motivates people and what challenges get in the way of them doing their jobs is key.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leading a team to deliver an exceptional customer experience throughout the mortgage application process.
- Ensuring compliance standards are met by working closely with your experts and the compliance team.
- Monitoring key KPIs inputs and leading the team to deliver these.
- Coaching and mentoring your experts on a one to one level to identify key areas for improvement ensuring this is owned by the expert.
- Conducting 1 to 1 meetings with team members with clear measurable objectives set.
- Setting and supporting the delivery of individual personal development plans.
- Supporting the overall Ops team in interviewing and hiring.
- Working with the Training Lead to ensure the team’s initial and ongoing training needs are met.
- Carry out regular review and feedback on team members’ interactions with customers.
- Conduct regular and productive team meetings.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong experience in leading a frontline customer facing mortgage team with a view to driving performance & customer engagement.
- A passion for delivering exceptional customer service.
- Willingness to get into the detail and understand how each of your experts perform by doing side by side coaching and feedback.
- Enthusiastic and can do approach with an ability to motivate and inspire individuals
- First principles thinker - imagining the ideal solution and then applying the constraints of the real world
- A people-person with a strong desire to help others improve
- Highly organised and able to work autonomously
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Proactive, timely and solutions based approach which embraces change
- Articulate and confident in sharing and delivering knowledge
- Excellent listening and collaboration skills in order to incorporate feedback into your work
- Ability to manage several work streams in an organised manner
“The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated”
– Competitive salary and share options
– Unlimited holiday
– Free catered lunches, snacks and team bonding
– Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
– Free healthcare and life assurance
– Career development, coaching and training
– Contributory pension scheme
– Monthly massages with Urban Massage
– Cycle to Work Scheme
More about Habito
You shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage. That’s why we built Habito.
We use breakthrough technology and top tier experts to deliver the most personalised, fast and convenient way to get a mortgage today. All for free.
We don’t stop at mortgages, either. Together we’re building whole new ways of buying and owning your home. At Habito, you’ll be a vital part of that future.