Full-time - Permanent
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and TransferWise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 160,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent TrustPilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer reporting into Data Science team with 2+ years’ experience and good knowledge with at least one programming language from Java, Scala/Spark or Python/PySpark.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• Design and develop automated workflows for provisioning environments
• Design and develop data pipelines, performing unit tests and conducting review to make sure your work is rigorously designed, elegantly coded, and effectively tuned for platform performance, and assess the overall quality of delivered components.
• Help maintain and extend our infrastructure, hosted in AWS
• Production experience with Amazon Web Services; other cloud infrastructure providers are a bonus.
• Experience with automation scripting and version control.
• Experience on building Spark applications.
• Experience with deployment management solutions like Jenkins.
• Experience of working in Agile/Scrum teams.
• Have the ability to communicate effectively with Data Science and engineering teams.
• A track record of delivery and getting things done.
• A passion for quality and good practices.
• A degree in numerate discipline
“The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated”
Competitive salary & share options
Career development, coaching & training
Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
Contributory pension scheme
Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
Cycle to Work Scheme