Communications Manager - Corporate and Public Affairs
Full-time - Permanent
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and TransferWise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 160,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent TrustPilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a hungry and passionate comms manager to join the growing Comms team at Habito. We have an ambitious objective: to become the UK’s most recognised online mortgage broker. We’re already well on our way and want to make sure 2019 is the year that delivers exceptional content across a wide range of media, communities and channels.
We are on a mission to change the discussion around home financing for consumers. An important element of our strategy is the creation of a new position of Corporate and Public Affairs Manager who will ensure that we are fully engaging with Government, Parliament, stakeholders and the industry.
Reporting to the Director of Communications, this role presents a real opportunity for a self-starting team player to inform and shape discussions about home financing and affect change.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Creating and implementing Habito’s public affairs strategy. This will include the writing of letters, internal and external briefing papers; event management of round tables, party conferences and Parliamentary events and other ad hoc opportunities
- Working as part of the comms team to deliver the overarching PR and social media strategy for 2019
- Driving corporate media relationships in business and political media
- Monitoring and responding to relevant industry issues; identifying opportunity and threats to Habito and the home-financing industry
- Mapping stakeholders and policy-makers to inform an engagement plan; ensure that relationships are managed and information updated
- Undertake research and briefings on political and industry matters
- Drafting evidence and submissions for government consultations and select committee and inquiries
- Identifying opportunities for senior Habito spokespeople to attend roundtables, speaker panels and industry events
- Passionate about comms and understanding audiences; the successful candidate will have experience of delivering numerous public affairs campaigns including event management
- A strong interest in politics and an understanding of workings of the UK Government and Parliament
- Flair for engaging with people
- Experience of digital public affairs preferred
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, with the capability to express complex information succinctly, accurately and appropriately for the audience
- Excel at written and oral comms skills
- Proactive, curious and problem-solving approach, brave ideas, attention to detail
- Media contacts in the business and political space
- Ability to adapt and to a fast-paced business environment
Competitive salary & share options
Career development, coaching & training
Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
Contributory pension scheme
Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
Cycle to Work Scheme