Associate Director - Capital Markets
Full-time - Permanent
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and TransferWise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 160,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent TrustPilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
Habito has already dramatically improved mortgage advice, but now we are going to transform the rest of the mortgage buying experience. Using advanced technology throughout our new unique origination process we will bring personalised mortgages to the prime market in segments that are underserved today. Working with selected lenders, we will create mortgage propositions that deliver the customer unrivalled choice, speed and certainty. To that aim, Habito has created a marketplace for mortgages, allowing institutional investors (asset managers, insurers, pension funds) to purchase on a forward flow basis mortgage products, and we will be live in Q2 with a first anchor investor secured, but we won’t stop there! Habito is looking for an experienced and ambitious structured finance/securitisation professional who wants to make an impact on the UK mortgage industry by joining the Capital Markets team and contribute to the success of one of the most exciting fintech companies in the UK. As one of first joiners in the team, you’ll be instrumental in the execution, planning and management of major financing transactions and capital raising to fund Habito’s Marketplace activities, with exposure to various structures (whole-loan sales, public and private securitisations or fund formats) and a very diverse range of mortgage products.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Building and running financial models, including rating agencies’ tranching analysis, asset cash flow and RMBS modelling
- Assisting in the end-to-end management of funding transactions including negotiation of key terms, project management, transaction structuring, due diligence and documentation
- Preparing marketing materials and data analysis
- Support in the execution of agreed transactions and involvement in effective funding strategy and planning for Habito and our institutional partners
- Help develop and manage ongoing communications with a range of existing and new investors
- Assisting with planning and management of funding requirements and investor funds deployment
- Working closely with other business functions in relation to operations, data management and reporting
- Solid experience (2 to 5 years*) at a rating agency or within the structured finance or securitisation department at a leading investment bank
- Experienced in structuring, closing and ongoing management of different funding / RMBS structures
- Strong analytical skills, advanced financial modelling (Excel, VBA a plus), data analysis and presentation skills
- Comfortable with review of legal documents and term sheets
- Extensive knowledge of the UK mortgage markets
- Highly organised, and strong attention to detailRelevant academic (finance, statistics, mathematics, accounting or economics) and professional record
- Ambition to move into a fast paced environment, open to international exposure
- Fluent in English, a second European language a plus
*The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated
Competitive salary & share options
Career development, coaching & training
Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
Contributory pension scheme
Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
Cycle to Work Scheme