Full-time - Permanent
For many, the process of getting a mortgage is hellish; hellishly complicated, hellishly costly and hellishly outdated. At Habito, we’re changing that. We believe people shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage.
Since our launch in 2016, we have made it our mission to fundamentally change the way people finance their homes. Whether buying for the first time, remortgaging, moving house or buying as an investment, we have developed an award-winning service that puts our customers back in the driving seat, giving them greater control over their finances. We deliver industry-leading expert advice in real time, cutting edge AI-driven technology that gives them access to the best possible deals, plain English conversations and absolutely no fees whatsoever.
We’re enormously proud of what we’ve achieved. Together, our 100-strong team has built great things to bring this mission to life. We’ve won numerous industry awards for our innovation, our talent and our service. And our enviable roster of backers is testament to that hard work and vision: to date, we have raised £27.5million in funding from some of the biggest names in venture capital and FinTech – Atomico, Ribbit Capital and Mosaic Ventures as well as the founders of Funding Circle and TransferWise.
Most importantly, we’ve helped more than 160,000 people get the mortgage they deserve. Our proudest achievement yet is the love we get from our customers, borne out by consistently excellent TrustPilot reviews from more than 1,500 happy homeowners.
But our work never stops. The landscape continues to evolve and, because we believe in financial products that put the customer’s interests first by design, we have ambitious plans to continue innovating, improving and disrupting in this space. As our business scales up, to extend beyond brokerage and insurance into becoming a mortgage marketplace, our focus on pioneering product and best-in-class delivery is greater than ever.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Lead to help us on our mission to make mortgages easier. You will play a pivotal role in defining and delivering our roadmap of innovative, customer-centric mortgage broker products, as well as our slick back office, and internal proprietary tools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Setting the vision and principles for their team - driving strategy and guiding planning, prioritisation and decision-making to shift a key business metric
- Defining and delivering improvements from the product roadmap that you will define and own
- Collaborating with engineers, product designers, and marketing and operations teams to define, scope, prioritise and deliver features across our internal and customer facing products
- Working with business stakeholders to define projects, produce specifications, write tickets and manage communication, to ensure the business is well informed about your projects
- Helping analyse, document, prioritise and schedule bug fixes, technical improvements and feature enhancements
- Carrying out qualitative analysis including usability studies, user testing and market research in order to champion users in discussions
- Performing quantitative analysis including defining and analysing key metrics, A/B testing and multivariate testing - we’re massive fans of Looker and Optimizely
- Regular direct contact with our customers via live-chat and user testing sessions
- Helping to shape and iterate on designs for product features
- Researching competitors and sharing industry best practice
- At least 5 years’ experience in product management roles*
- Collaborative team player with persuasive communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organisational, project management and analytical skills
- Commercial acumen to quickly grasp an understanding of the commercial drivers for the business
- An understanding of the technical architecture of highly scalable web applications
- Familiarity with our task management software - JIRA
* The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated
Competitive salary & share options
Career development, coaching & training
Free catered lunches, snacks & team bonding
Free Healthcare & Life Assurance
Contributory pension scheme
Bi-weekly massages with Urban Massage
Cycle to Work Scheme