Mortgage Compliance Administrator
Risk & Compliance
Full-time - Permanent
Habito has already dramatically improved mortgage advice, and now we are going to transform the rest of the mortgage buying experience. Key to this transformation is the ability to think differently and design unique and customised solutions to all areas of the business.
The Mortgage Compliance Administrator is part of the Risk team and is responsible for assessing our customer mortgage journeys to ensure we undertake compliance monitoring in line with Habito’s and the approved FCA methodologies. These methodologies focus on mortgage advice regulations and the measurement of fair outcomes for our customers. The successful candidate will be able to combine their existing compliance experience with the best technology and great teamwork to create a truly special process with great customer outcomes.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Evaluating mortgage journeys in line with Habito policy and external regulations to ensure we are compliant
- Providing technical compliance advice and guidance to our Mortgage Expert and Case Management teams
- Working with the Compliance Lead to provide regular support to them and the wider business in the reporting of MI in relation to our mortgage compliance performance
- Providing case specific feedback to the Mortgage Expert team around file review findings
- Supporting Mortgage Experts with monthly 1:1’s to discuss file quality in line with agreed advice audit templates
The candidate will have;
- A strong understanding of the Mortgage Industry or Financial Services Regulation
- A good working knowledge of the end-to-end mortgage process
- Mortgage file reviewing experience
- An attention to detail, with a methodical and organised approach
- Good communication skills
- Self-motivation and prepared to take responsibility and ownership of tasks
- The ability to prioritise to meet tight deadlinesHard working, tenacity and a focused mind set
- The ability to work independently, using their initiative and work as part of a wider team
- The ability to comfortably handle change and in a fast-evolving environment
“The stated experience level is a guide and does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience, provided the requisite skills can be demonstrated”
– Competitive salary and share options
– Unlimited holiday
– Free catered lunches, snacks and team bonding
– Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
– Free healthcare and life assurance
– Career development, coaching and training
– Contributory pension scheme
– Monthly massages with Urban Massage
– Cycle to Work Scheme
More about Habito
You shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage. That’s why we built Habito.
We use breakthrough technology and top tier experts to deliver the most personalised, fast and convenient way to get a mortgage today. All for free.
We don’t stop at mortgages, either. Together we’re building whole new ways of buying and owning your home. At Habito, you’ll be a vital part of that future.