Director, Marketplace Operations
Full-time - Permanent
Habito has already dramatically improved mortgage advice, but now we are going to transform the rest of the mortgage buying experience. Using advanced technology throughout our new unique origination process we will bring personalised mortgages to the prime market in segments that are underserved today. Working with selected lenders, we will create mortgage propositions that deliver the customer unrivalled choice, speed and certainty. To do this, we are designing and building our systems from first principles.
The Director Marketplace Operations will lead the team that makes the everyday customer experience surprisingly better. By overseeing our underwriting team, our connected third parties and the continuous drive to use technology to scale and improve our process you will be in the driving seat to establish Habito as the best way to get a mortgage.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Manage and develop the third parties relationships related to origination and servicing, to ensure there is appropriate oversight and customer promises are being kept
- Establish, lead and improve marketplace operations as a function, including further application of technology and insourcing of services to improve customer experience, efficiency or quality.
- Effectively manage the relationship with Habito brokerage to ensure the customer benefits from a seamless experienceLead and build out the most modern, scalable and trustworthy mortgage underwriting team in the market.
- Hold a senior underwriting mandate and manage credit and fraud risk robustly to deliver quality mortgages while driving unrivalled logic, speed and innovation.
- Actively engage in wider company projects to launch innovative propositions and embed them in the marketplace operations world in a pragmatic and fast way.
- Support the MD Marketplace and the wider Marketplace team in communicating with external stakeholders such as investors, third party suppliers and regulators
- Deep knowledge of the mortgage origination, underwriting and servicing processes
- Strong knowledge of the UK mortgage market and relevant regulations, particularly MCOB
- Track record of positive, effective team leadership
- Experience in multi-stakeholder project management, especially in delivering technical integration with external partners
- Experience in identifying, delivering and making a success of innovation
- A passion for customer excellence and quality lending Open for change and resilient in the face of ambiguity
– Competitive salary and share options
– Unlimited holiday
– Free catered lunches, snacks and team bonding
– Enhanced maternity & paternity leave
– Free healthcare and life assurance
– Career development, coaching and training
– Contributory pension scheme
– Monthly massages with Urban Massage
– Cycle to Work Scheme
More about Habito
You shouldn’t have to go through hell to get a mortgage. That’s why we built Habito.
We use breakthrough technology and top tier experts to deliver the most personalised, fast and convenient way to get a mortgage today. All for free.
We don’t stop at mortgages, either. Together we’re building whole new ways of buying and owning your home. At Habito, you’ll be a vital part of that future.